Photo
- - - - -

Floatation collar and ring flash 2 in 1?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zzz111

zzz111

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:05 AM

Just come up with the idea, since the 2 looks alike (more or less), and both are good to have for macro, why don't we have them both together?

I'm not good at DIY, but I really hope someone try it out if you like the idea, and I wish I can buy one someday from a housing vendor if it proves to work.

So it will be a sealed collar or ring flash attached to a macro port, with air trapped in, a clear window or 2 on the side(s), so you can point your strobe(s) to the clear window(s). Personally I would point one strobe to it and leave the other strobe where I want it. The air trapped in should help offset the heavy lens/port. there should be an opening somewhere, maybe the face plate of the ring be removeable with o-ring seal, so that you don't seal it permenantly say when you're flying, and you can try install different difusers or gels. The seal is not that critical anyway, the worst case you lose some floatation lift, for the dive.

What do you guys think?

#2 Scubysnaps

Scubysnaps

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1081 posts
  • Interests:Diving, photography, Audi TTRS

www.scubysnaps.com

Posted 10 November 2009 - 06:25 AM

Funnily enough looking at floats on Backscatter I was thinking of the same thing!
Cheers
Paul

*Nikon D90 with Tokina 10-17 & Nikon 60mm, 105mm, Sigma 17-70, Kenko1.4 * 2 x Z240 & 2 x 12 litres...global! *

www.scubysnaps.com >)))>