• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 seansrs968

seansrs968

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:15 PM

Does anyone have suggestions where to get some good music to add into videos when doing the editing? I am more into the new age type of music for UW video.

Thanks,

Sean

#2 Roger Eve

Roger Eve

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:Amateur u/w videography. Warm Waters only :-)
    Sailing, Flight Simulation....
    Enjoying a healthy (so far) retirement :-))

Posted 30 March 2009 - 01:21 PM

Try http://www.Jamendo.com They offer many tracks in a multitude of styles. A lot can be used FOC if the composer/musician is mentioned in credits.

Cheers

Roger
Roger "Bones" Eve - Arundel England

#3 jcclink

jcclink

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:18 PM

If you're just using sound tracks for personal use (friends, family, etc) & not for any commercial purposes, can't you use anything you like? At least that's my understanding. For commercial use you do need permission from the artist/recording company.
Nexus D300, 10-17mm, 12-24mm, 17-55mm, 60mm, 105mm VR
S&S YS110's & YS27's

#4 jonny shaw

jonny shaw

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1326 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:46 PM

If you're just using sound tracks for personal use (friends, family, etc) & not for any commercial purposes, can't you use anything you like? At least that's my understanding. For commercial use you do need permission from the artist/recording company.

If it is just for friends and family etc who would report you anyway??? If you stick it on the web then you would need permission but look at how many people have videos on You-Tube etc which use non royalty free music. If your not selling it or wanting to enter it into comps etc I would use whatever you want.

www.ginclearfilm.com
www.facebook.com/ginclearfilm
GATES DEEP EPIC Based in Sydney

#5 SimonSpear

SimonSpear

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1406 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:15 PM

Most comps do require that you have permission to use the music in your film, although one festival that has this clause in their rules had a film with a Beetles soundtrack showing and I doubt the author had permission to use that! I don't think you'd have any problem posting films with copyright protected soundtracks on YouTube though as they have an agreement with the music industry and pay them a rights fee using a similar system to broadcast TV (although I doubt it is as specific to individual songs).

Just FYI licensing music for Film/DVD production is not cheap. I was quoted over 3000 per track recently for a couple of songs I wanted to use on a small project. Obviously I found alternatives! :turtle:

Cheers, Simon