• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2845 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 11 April 2009 - 11:50 AM

So bored with travel logs and so stuck for an original idea and came up with this. It has a more poetic theme and was shot in Indonesia. Hope someone likes it;-)

Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#2 jonny shaw

jonny shaw

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1326 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 04:42 PM

I don't think it was sappy, I actually thought that it showed creativity....
I wouldn't be able to write my own poetry
Only criticism would be some of the colour looks a little out on some of the shots but I enjoyed it.

www.ginclearfilm.com
www.facebook.com/ginclearfilm
GATES DEEP EPIC Based in Sydney

#3 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2845 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:41 AM

Thanks Jonny, I had a friend mention the red color of the yawning frogfish, but it actually was that red and against the black background I kind of liked it. Maybe I should just desaturate it a bit.
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#4 DeanB

DeanB

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3073 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:18 AM

Hi Steve,

Your not alone in the poetry narrative... Theres a man, i think, called Jonny Keeling here in the UK who has be reciting his own poetry over his topside stuff for a few years now... Its very effective and has featured on some Primetime progs

Im looking at a similar thing for a trailer for my Pike film when i release it...

Well done

Dive safe

DeanB
Facebook me ;)
NOW ON SKYPE !!! ... deanb69
www.waterwolf-productions.co.uk

#5 Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Humpback Whale

• 3135 posts
  • Interests:Protecting our Ocean, Environmental Education,
    Having fun and Living Well

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:24 PM

Hi Steve,
I really like the concept. If you decide to keep working on it you might think about hitting the last line "In the blink of an eye I could be gone" with shots of an empty ocean or reef. Just a thought. Shorts like this would be a great way for kids to learn about the ocean. I wish there was a way to provide work like this to schools.

Thanks for sharing it!
Cheers,
Steve

The Fin Foundation
HSWImages.com        My Images on Flikr

Canon 5D Mk III, 7D & 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 17-40L, Tokina 10-17, Nauticam 7D, Sea & Sea MDX-40D YS-250's ULCS arms, Lightroom

#6 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2845 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:20 AM

Hi Steve, I was a public schools teacher for over 30 years and these days, the only thing they are interested in is standardized test scores and the administrators trying to make themselves look good. A far cry from when I first got in to teaching. Glad I retired.
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas

#7 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3849 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and Knitting......no diving of course :-)

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:51 AM

Hi Steve
Thats was great to watch...so many different subjects.
It's so wonderful that I can sit here and watch it full screen....

Amphibico Phenom & EVO PRO & Navigator 900
Share Your Underwater Videos | www.flykam.com.au

#8 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2845 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:38 AM

Coming from you Wagsy, that's a big complement. Still have some touching up to do on it.
Steve

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas

#9 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3849 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and Knitting......no diving of course :-)

Posted 05 May 2009 - 06:59 PM

Hey Steve your stuff it pretty good too you know.
I love to shoot underwater stuff but it doesn't really pay the bills. :lol:
I am missing the water very much now that I am living in the City, but hopefully I can change that.

Amphibico Phenom & EVO PRO & Navigator 900
Share Your Underwater Videos | www.flykam.com.au