• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 amylynn829

amylynn829

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 09:52 AM

Is the Z330 on backorder everywhere right now or does anyone know of a place that has stock available for purchase now?

Amy

#2 paolobl65

paolobl65

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:53 PM

I bought Z330  here  end of february :  https://www.uwdigitalcamera.com/store/

received them  in 1 week ... perfect !!

#3 amylynn829

amylynn829

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:36 PM

Thanks!!

#4 Antoņito s

Antoņito s

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:06 AM

www.glowdive.com hasstock and is a serius seller.

I have received two of them today.

Antonio

#5 Magrone

Magrone

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:57 AM

I received mine very fast after ordering from Japan, through the link Paolo mentioned.  There are now Ebay listings trying to gouge would be buyers listing at $300 over retail with $50 shipping, making the total price $1000 per strobe. 

https://www.ebay.com...7oAAOSwE7Jajft6

#6 synthetic

synthetic

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 02:08 PM

Reef Photo told me there was an 8-month wait based on orders vs supply. Here's hoping that they can ramp up production sooner than that. 

---------
Jeff Laity -- Underwater Gallery
Canon 5Dmk4, Nauticam Housing, Inon Z-220 strobes

#7 hellhole

hellhole

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 06:21 PM

I would only order from a reputable vendor and place that deposit. It's going to be a long wait for it.. longer if you want to wait till they have 1

#8 Magrone

Magrone

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 03:28 PM

I've been ordering from Yuzo at uwdigitalcamera.com  for ten years without any problems. They are a reputable dealer out of Japan, so the only drawback is an all Japanese manual. 

#9 paolobl65

paolobl65

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:11 AM

I would only order from a reputable vendor and place that deposit. It's going to be a long wait for it.. longer if you want to wait till they have 1

yes of course , the same for me : reputabel vendor is  a must !

The link  I posted  in my previous post  is  UWdigitalcamera  ( Japan ) :  I bought many time   from  them ( since 2007 ) without any problem .

About  INON Z330 :  I ordered  2 of them end of february and  receive  in just one week .  

All perfect .  (.... yes  japanise manual  ...  but  all the fuction are the same old  INON Z240 )

#10 brownegaz

brownegaz

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:08 AM

Several years ago I bought some underwater photography gear from Yuzo Kanda who ran https://www.uwdigitalcamera.com/store/ in Japan, I’m sure many other Wetpixelers bought gear from him as well as well

I understood that the business was shut down last year when Yuzo retired.
Like a lot of other UW photographers I have been trying to source new Inon Z330 strobes from various suppliers in Hong Kong, Singapore, here in Oz and the US.
The only place that I’ve found that has been able to supply these was the new owner of the uwdidigitalcamera business Hideki who took it over last year.
Because these new strobes are so bloody hard to get a hold of some suppliers who have stock are price gouging to take advantage of the shortage

I found Hideki’s pricing quite competitive, he has shipped two strobes to me that are due early next week.I will update once Ive got my hands on them.

#11 FLAFROG

FLAFROG

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:40 PM

Backscatter (West)came through for me in May 2018(I ordered when they were announced in November 2017) my other dealer keep losing my order and then wanter deposit! I received in time for my annual Key Largo photo trip,exposure tests showed almost 2 stops brighter the my Z-240's!

#12 brownegaz

brownegaz

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 July 2018 - 03:26 AM

My Z330 strobes arrived today from Japan I just need to order the fibre optic cable connector to the strobe.

Looking forward to giving them a work out on a Red Sea trip in September.