• Please log in to reply
2336 replies to this topic

#2301 Phaero

Phaero

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 03:42 PM

Hi there! My name is Aero and I've been diving for five years mostly in the GBR doing scientific volunteer work. Have never really had the cash to get set up with a good camera but have put a little together now and a friend recommended I join up! Would love to learn a bit about underwater photography/videography and hope to buy a setup (Panasonic GH5). 

Cheers for now!

#2302 Bittdiver

Bittdiver

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 07:32 PM

Hello everyone

Just registered to Wetpixel to be closer to tips, advices and learning on UW video.

I dive since 1976 and was not very fan of photo and video while diving.

That completely changed after I tried a basic GoPro.

I love cave diving and pelagic and those are, for now, my main interest subjects in UW video.

Thank you to taking me into this community

You can find me on vimeo.com/bittdivers

Greetings to all

#2303 ncr

ncr

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 05:35 PM

Hello, my name is Nate and I'm getting into underwater photography. Figured I'd find a good forum to ask questions.

#2304 JWNZ

JWNZ

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 10:30 PM

Hi there.
I'm James from New Zealand and have just signed up with Wetpixel.
Cheers.

#2305 mdo905

mdo905

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 09:32 AM

Hi, my name is Mike. I've been taking underwater photos for years with a canon S110, but have never really been doing it properly. I hope to learn a lot here to get better photos.

#2306 francoisbj

francoisbj

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 03:48 PM

Hi, Francois here. Started taking pictures this year and happy to join. 

#2307 dubscutty

dubscutty

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 03:04 PM

Hi all.  Eric from Ohio.  Seasoned diver looking to get into underwater photography and looking for a good set-up to take to Cenderawasih Bay this summer to take some pics of the whale sharks.

#2308 eventura

eventura

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 04:17 PM

Aloha all,
Dive and shoot locally in Kailua, HI as well as internationally several times per year. Just picked up a Nikonos V and learning film also. Look forward to being a part of the forum!
Evan

#2309 Marcopolo

Marcopolo

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:13 AM

Hello,

My name is Marc and I am from Thonon-les-bains on Leman's lake...Happy to be on Wetpixel....

#2310 MinimalMayhem

MinimalMayhem

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:52 PM

Hi Im hoping to learn more about uw camera work, particularly video in caves.

#2311 carlarmijo

carlarmijo

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 05:03 AM

Hi from Louisville, KY. I am a headshot photographer with no experience underwater but came here to learn more about it. 

http://www.carlarmjo.com

#2312 annaknoc

annaknoc

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 06:54 AM

Hi I'm Anna. I just graduated with my degree in Biology and will continue to study marine biology in graduate school. I love underwater photography, and am looking for helpful hints on shooting coral reefs, sharks, and manta rays. I am also in the market for a new camera! (That won't break my grant budget). 

#2313 jbknoll

jbknoll

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 07:42 AM

Hi all!

New member from northeast USA. Well traveled wildlife photographer with less experience shooting underwater but looking forward to learning more from everyone here!

#2314 wrightsa

wrightsa

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2019 - 07:42 PM

Hi - this is Sheryl a new member from the East Coast of Australia. Looking for tips especially with underwater macro photography. Happy to help others too.

#2315 cchow

cchow

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:03 AM

I'm Cher from Hong Kong :) I've been a scientific diver shooting to keep the job interesting in Hong Kong. Water quality keeps me to macro shooting most of the time. After shooting with a company owned Olympus TG-4 with just flashlights for a year and a half, I'm slowly building my own gear now!

#2316 cchow

cchow

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:23 AM

I'm Cher from Hong Kong  :) I'm an ecologist and designer/photographer/artist by training and have been working as a scientific diver in Hong Kong. I had to pick up dive photography for work and it turned into a great hobby to keep the job interesting on my many dives. Water quality keeps me to macro shooting most of the time. After shooting with a company owned Olympus TG-4 with just flashlights for a year and a half, I'm slowly building my own gear now as I'm starting to further my studies in marine ecology.

I sometimes blog over at http://cherchow.com too! Here are some of the photos I've taken in the last year.

tumblr_inline_pi14q0NlOq1qdsukd_1280-1.j

tumblr_inline_pi14pn3VPr1qdsukd_1280.jpg

P2130441.jpg

#2317 mikkelsto

mikkelsto

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:26 AM

I'm Mikkel from Norway. Prefer underwater photography in caves and mines, and just got an used A6000 in a Nauticam housing (as my old 7D in an Ikelite housing is bulky and a low depth rating. I enjoy experimenting with off camera lights.

#2318 GinaC

GinaC

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:27 AM

Hi. I'm Gina from NY. I've been shooting underwater for a few years now...first with an Ikelite/Sony RX100iv setup. Most recently with a Nikon d750/Aquatech setup. 

#2319 Rob Pinch

Rob Pinch

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:39 PM

Hi Im Rob from Hull 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 and I need lots of help 😂😂

#2320 Jeffery Chung

Jeffery Chung

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:29 AM

I'm Jeffery from Hong Kong, a most terrible place for diving!