1758 replies to this topic

#1741 Cobra81

Cobra81

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:07 AM

Hello to all,

Just joined. My name is Don from Arkansas, USA. 

I have been diving since 2000. Finally just changing over from film photography to digital, I am definatley looking forward to hearing from you all!

Thank you,

Don

#1742 scuba.instructor

scuba.instructor

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 03:53 AM

Hi, I am Oliver from Germany. I am a scubd diving instructor and also an active underwater videographer. I recently bought a new camera that is capable for stills and video.
I do a lot of technical and cave diving nowadays.

We travel a lot and anually we do between 150-200 dives around the world.

I have been reading wetpixel from time to time but now I would like to place an ad into the classifieds section so I registered as a member.

Cheers

#1743 glina

glina

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:31 AM

Hi I'm Mik and I'm glad to be finally joining the forum. I'm Polish, living in Switzerland and my current rig is a trusty old Olympus XZ-1 with 2x Inon S2000, the Subsee +10d Macro and Olympus PTWC-01 lens. 

#1744 MClayton

MClayton

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 05:57 PM

Hello,  just setting myself up

#1745 sinbad10

sinbad10

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:03 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm Jacky from the US, nice to meet you all

Strategy and knowledge for people who love blockchain technology feel free to visit this page: https://www.blockchainlabs.asia/

#1746 WildplacesJo

WildplacesJo

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:18 AM

Hey Everyone! I'm working on a Wildlife Documentary for the BBC and looking for wildlife behvioural stories in/on/around the continents of North & South America.  They need to be a spectacle, clever, weird or wonderful but above all predictable and filmable!

#1747 mbrock

mbrock

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:29 AM

Hello Everyone

I just joined this morning but have been following Wetpixel since it's beginnings. Began my underwater photography journey with a Nikonos and extension tubes. Worked my way up to a Nikon F4 in Subal housings. I entered the digital age for my underwater photography when Canon released the original 5D full frame SLR which I housed in Sea&Sea housings.

And now... I'm currently in the process of switching over to the Sony full frame mirrorless system in Nauticam housings. I have a big learning curve in front of me before next big trip which will be to Socorro in April.

Mike

#1748 TotallyWrecked

TotallyWrecked

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:19 PM

New member Nancey here. Looking to upgrade photo equipment and possibly some dive gear.

#1749 Seta

Seta

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:51 PM

Hello, My name is Javier and I am from Spain. I have been into photography for 10 years now  (mostly extreme macro photography) buy started underwater photography just last year. At the moment I am travelling around southeast Asia with an ikelite M3 housing that I hate :)

#1750 agflit

agflit

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 01:10 PM

Good day all..

Newbie here, shopping for equipment to get started!!

Thanks for having me!!

ag

#1751 samojeranko

samojeranko

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:00 AM

Hello,

I am a pro freediver and passionat UW photographer from Slovenia. I spend winters in the swimming pools and summers in the Adriatic sea freediving and taking photos. Currently I take photos on a breathold with Nikon D500 and Hugyfot housing which I am willing to sell :)

Thank you

Samo Jeranko

#1752 bigjackt

bigjackt

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:24 AM

I have been a lurker for some time.

I have upgraded my camera gear and I am here to see if there is any interest in my old gear. It is dated, but maybe someone has invested

in a housing and would like a back up camera that fits it.

I am in Seattle, but I dive warm water.

I have dived in

Bali

Andaman Sea

Red Sea

Gulf of California

Bonaire (multiple times)

Bay Island, Honduras

Belize

I am probably forgetting somewhere else...

Cheers

Edited by bigjackt, 07 February 2018 - 11:26 AM.

#1753 Basiiil

Basiiil

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:38 AM

Hello!

New here, after some camera advice before i take the plunge and upgrade from my compact

Chris

#1754 honu_diver

honu_diver

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:43 AM

I've been a scuba diver since 91. Used a variety of underwater cameras, including the Nikonos V. Currently using the Sony A6000 in a Nauticam housing. Looking to sell the ports necessary to use the Sony 90 macro. I never dove with it. Aloha!

#1755 Kristoph2008

Kristoph2008

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:08 PM

Hi Everyone -

New to the forum - long time diver.  Used to shoot a D100 in a Sea & Sea housing...but last several years was using a gopro.  Was looking into some used equipment, and saw classifieds...but read about all the scammers and decided maybe not.

Here is a short video I just did a month or so ago about turtle poaching in the sea of cortez.

https://youtu.be/PgCB234KMQ8

Chris

#1756 darnold9999

darnold9999

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:52 PM

Hi.  Been lurking for years.  Want to upgrade my D200 to a D750 so thought I would post in the Classifieds and see if someone has a housing they want to part with.  Need Housing and ports for 16-35mm, 60mm Macro and 105mm Macro lenses.  Have Ikelite Strobe and video light. 

#1757 AZCharlotte

AZCharlotte

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:41 AM

Hi am new to WetPixel.  I'm a PADI instructor, love to dive, and to spear those pesky Lionfish!   To keep gear simple, I've moved on to using a GoPro.    I've loved my Sea&Sea DX-2G set up ~ but the camera itself is defective... so I'd like to sell the set  ~  slightly used with batteries and battery charger. Sea&Sea DX-2G Underwater camera housing (only) $100.-;   Sea&Sea wide angle conversion lens (wet mount capability) for DX-1G (works with DX-2G as well (includes lens caddy) $149,-;  Sea&Sea close-up lens 125  $40.-;  Am happy to send photos if anyone is interested.   Thanks!  Happy and Safe diving to all.    Thanks,  AZCharlotte

#1758 Steviet15

Steviet15

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:39 PM

My old G12 and YS-01 combo has died and I'm looking to replace it with something similar, ie. a compact with manual controls. I shoot mostly macro but I'm not up to date with the latest developments in the camera world. Does anyone have any advice as to what make/model would be a good place to start my research?

#1759 Gizbar

Gizbar

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:53 PM

Hi! Ben here from the US. Looking forward to learning more about underwater photography!