Photo
- - - - -

How do you upload non iphone (DSLR) images to Instagram?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 haring

haring

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:37 AM

It is a very basic question.... How do you upload non iphone (DSLR) images to Instagram? It looks like I can only upload images I have taken with my phone....Is that ture?
I would like to upload my wedding photography work onto Instagram.
Please help!

#2 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6304 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 15 March 2016 - 04:56 PM

i was using Dropbox to do it, upload to dropbox from your computer, then "add" to instagram from Dropbox on your phone.  However, now I am using Hootsuite to do it. I can upload to Hootsuite from my computer and schedule images (up to 5 per day) for the future.  Then the Hootsuite app on my phone notifies me to upload to Instagram.  So it's not an auto upload but its pretty simple. Allows you to write all of the # and descriptions on your computer as well instead of having to do it from your phone which is something I really appreciate, I hate writing on my phone haha

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in the Lembeh Strait at NAD Lembeh with Doug Sloss in 2018
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in the ultimate classroom, Bali! or join us on a trip www.underwatertribe.com and www.baliuwphoto.com

Join us for a trip in Indonesia in Komodo or Raja Ampat

#3 suahuatica

suahuatica

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 05:20 AM

There's a couple of options.

First of all, there's the windows application called 'Gramblr' which really worked well for me.

I have however left it in favor of running Instagram in a virtual machine, there are various software companies who offer (Free) software to do that with.

My favorite is Genymotion, but you do have to install google play manually and that requires installing some zip files from the internet, including x86 interpretation pack and such. So better if you are slightly geeky/inquisitive :)

Underwater / free diving Art Photography : http://www.instagram.com/suahuatica