• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 EvilOtter

EvilOtter

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 08:19 AM

Does anyone have any experience with SUPE / Scubalamp video lights? More specifically, with the V6K and V4K series? The manufacturer claims output of 12000 lumen for the V6K and 7600 lumen for the V4K. Both lights are 96 CRI at 5500K. The standard battery pack is 4x18650 and the pro is 8x18650.

I found that the company is a Chinese manufacturer called Kolta Electronics. They market a wide range of tactical lights under the Crelant brand, which are commonly found on eBay and Aliexpress. They have also been manufacturing OEM dive lights for several years and began marketing the Scubalamp brand in 2015. In 2016, they rebranded as SUPE and have been present at both DEMA and ADEX.

To my eye, the V6K and V4K look to be quite well engineered and offering excellent value. They are functionally similar to the I-Torch Video Pro, Kraken Hydra and Fix Aqualight series. More info can be found here: http://www.scubalamp...0.html-100.html

Scuba Diving Adventures in Roatán, Honduras

Please visit my YouTube channel: Fish Nerd Films

#2 robigto

robigto

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 02:31 PM

I am using the v4k since a year, quite satisfied yet, no any problem, is much brighter than the sola 3800 of my buddie, and has better color for sure, CR=96!

Maybe the battery could be improved, since it holds "only" 45min with 7600lm (never tried for the whole dive with this mode, just too bright), with 3800 or less mode, it holds 90min or longer. I am considering to buy the 2. one, but with better battery, the v4k pro.

#3 EvilOtter

EvilOtter

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 07:08 PM

So, I purchased a pair of V4K Pros from Scubalamp via e-bay. Solid transaction. They paid shipping from China to Canada by FedEx and pre-paid all duties/taxes. The package arrived in about 4 working days. It was very well packed and each light and charger came in a custom case with a fitted foam cut-out.

The lights are very well engineered with a sealed head and a twist-off 8x18650 battery pack with a double o-ring. It features a single-press switch that is illuminated to indicate power level. Charge time is about 2 hours, as advertised. I have no way of confirming output but I find them to be extremely bright with a very wide beam angle on land.

Unfortunately, I won't be diving again until March, so I will not be able to report on real-world performance until then. I will share my impressions once I get them wet.

#4 thetrickster

thetrickster

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:00 AM

I'm also looking at these, but the V6K Pro (and getting 4x)

Having seen some in the flesh on a recent live aboard, they do look the part and the videos from the diver, the colours and quality of the light looked great too.

Thanks for the update EvilOtter.

Regards, Richard

---

Camera Rig: Nauticam Lumix GH5/GH5s, 14-42mm II, WWL-1, Atomos Inferno, ScubaLamp V6K Pro Lighting

www.richardwait.com

#5 TaxiDiver14

TaxiDiver14

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 08:59 PM

These are V6K PRO...

#6 thetrickster

thetrickster

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 12:15 AM

These are V6K PRO...

Its funny, as it was your V6K Pro's I saw on the live aboard ;)

Regards, Richard

---

Camera Rig: Nauticam Lumix GH5/GH5s, 14-42mm II, WWL-1, Atomos Inferno, ScubaLamp V6K Pro Lighting

www.richardwait.com

#7 TaxiDiver14

TaxiDiver14

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 12:27 AM

Its funny, as it was your V6K Pro's I saw on the live aboard ;)

This world is too small !!!

#8 EvilOtter

EvilOtter

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:15 AM

Thanks for sharing your beautiful video @TaxiDiver14. The quality of the light is really nice. Colours are vivid and really pop against thedeep blue backgrounds. I note that you are using an A7RII. Are you white balancing to the temperature of the lights?

#9 guyharrisonphoto

guyharrisonphoto

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Macro, big critters, coral reefs, kelp, I love it all!

Posted 19 January 2018 - 12:58 PM

How much are these and where can you purchase them?

Thanks

#10 thetrickster

thetrickster

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:15 PM

How much are these and where can you purchase them?

Thanks

They have distributors around the world but you can buy direct from:

https://rover.ebay.c...tm/162842217973

Cheaper on AliExpress also

Perhaps TaxiDiver knows of more local sellers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regards, Richard

---

www.richardwait.com

#11 EvilOtter

EvilOtter

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:23 PM

Scubalamp does not seem to have established much of a retail network. They list their products on AliExpress and eBay and their asking prices seem to fluctuate quite a bit. I purchased my V4K Pros off eBay and got a good discount off the asking price using "make an offer."

#12 TaxiDiver14

TaxiDiver14

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:20 PM

Thanks for sharing your beautiful video @TaxiDiver14. The quality of the light is really nice. Colours are vivid and really pop against thedeep blue backgrounds. I note that you are using an A7RII. Are you white balancing to the temperature of the lights?

Well that depends on how looks like the water. Normally yes, but some times I go below lights temp to get the blue I like.

#13 TaxiDiver14

TaxiDiver14

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:23 PM

This is my spanish dealer. Serious people...

http://u-seas.es/pro...ubalamp-v6k-pro

More info: info@u-seas.es

#14 Pajjpen

Pajjpen

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:55 AM

Never even heard of these until now. Looks like a lot of bang for the buck! You would have to have a massive amount of extra 18650 batteries if you are using 2 of these lights and they each take 8.
My archon w42vr take 4 18650 batteries each and i have a total of 30 something batteries to keep me going throughout the day.
Something to consider.

#15 EvilOtter

EvilOtter

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:09 PM

Never even heard of these until now. Looks like a lot of bang for the buck! You would have to have a massive amount of extra 18650 batteries if you are using 2 of these lights and they each take 8.
My archon w42vr take 4 18650 batteries each and i have a total of 30 something batteries to keep me going throughout the day.
Something to consider.

The battery pack is a sealed unit with a dedicated charger. The "pro" version contains 8 18650 cells and the regular version contains 4. Additional battery packs can be purchased separately but I did not go there due to cost. Also, I have a second set of lights I can switch to for macro stuff.

#16 Pajjpen

Pajjpen

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 04:13 AM

Anyone got more input on these lights? Thinking about pulling the plug soon.

#17 TaxiDiver14

TaxiDiver14

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 03:00 PM

Wait untill I come back from Komodo

Anyone got more input on these lights? Thinking about pulling the plug soon.

#18 Pajjpen

Pajjpen

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 03:21 AM

When will u be back? Will patiently await your review haha

Wait untill I come back from Komodo

Skickat från min VTR-L29 via Tapatalk

#19 thetrickster

thetrickster

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 04:58 AM

I took 2 of mine to Sri Lanka a couple of weeks ago, diving HMS Hermes.

Unfortunately due to luggage allowances on Qatar (and taking my CCR) I only took a GoPro with me and also no float arms, so it was a bit of a mess (too heavy without lots of shaking, so hardly anything worth while - ended up using it for photos more than video and even then most were pretty crap.

However even two lights, provided tons and tons of lighting both outside and inside the wreck. (Clips on other laptop, but can upload some bits later)

Here are a couple (of awful! LOL) pictures taken while the lights were on:

GOPR0265.jpg

GOPR0268.jpg

Great colour, beam spread, power and burn time.

Only negative i did have was one of the battery units charging circuits failed, but I emailed them a video of it not working, and by the time I got home, a FoC replacement was on its way to me, no ifs no buts and turn up last week.

Regards, Richard

---

www.richardwait.com

#20 Pajjpen

Pajjpen

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 01:19 AM

I took 2 of mine to Sri Lanka a couple of weeks ago, diving HMS Hermes.

Unfortunately due to luggage allowances on Qatar (and taking my CCR) I only took a GoPro with me and also no float arms, so it was a bit of a mess (too heavy without lots of shaking, so hardly anything worth while - ended up using it for photos more than video and even then most were pretty crap.

However even two lights, provided tons and tons of lighting both outside and inside the wreck. (Clips on other laptop, but can upload some bits later)

Here are a couple (of awful! LOL) pictures taken while the lights were on:

attachicon.gifGOPR0265.jpg

attachicon.gifGOPR0268.jpg

Great colour, beam spread, power and burn time.

Only negative i did have was one of the battery units charging circuits failed, but I emailed them a video of it not working, and by the time I got home, a FoC replacement was on its way to me, no ifs no buts and turn up last week.

Given the fact that you've had Keldans before (the 7000 lumen ones if I'm not mistaken) did you notice that these lights were brighter?

Skickat från min VTR-L29 via Tapatalk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SUPE, scubalamp, video lights