• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mimenza01

mimenza01

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 04:25 PM

Hello everyone I am looking to progress into underwater photography with my DSLR camera. I live in Cozumel Island, here we have giant reef structures and 100 ft. plus visibility. This are perfect conditions for underwater photography and filming. I actually have a Canon T3I or 600D camera and a pair of gopro's. I would like to hear any recommendations or tips in order to buy my equipment. Should I stay with this camera? Which housing is good for me? Where can I buy it? New or used? 

I've done some research and this camera is pretty good for beginners, I am really interested in buying a housing for less than 200 ft. depths but they seem to be very expensive. I am and student so my budget is kind of restricted. Also I will be glad to contact or provide any recommendations to anyone who is coming to the Yucatan Peninsula. Thanks

#2 bvanant

bvanant

Sperm Whale

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1825 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:11 AM

The camera is great. You can get an ikelite housing for it for about $1500 or so. You can also get a Meikon housing (labeled perhaps Polaroid) from B&H for $350 with a port good for the 18-55 lens.

BVA

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mentorship, help, canon, t3i, 600d, housing, cozumel, mexico, underwater