Hi sifus and gurus,
I signed up for a Komodo LOB in mid March. Care to share some tips for underwater photography in Komodo..?
Panasonic 8mm fisheye (16mm FF Equiv)
Olympus 60m F2.8 Macro (120mm FF equiv)
2 INON Z240 Strobes
Any specific reef, divesites that's beautiful for Uw WA...?
It'll be helpful if there are some images taken at Komodo...
Thank you in advance.
Any tips for photography in Komodo Island..?
Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:03 PM
Hi sifus and gurus,
Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:37 AM
Wide angle and fisheye lens certainly will be your best photo friends in Komodo, while there are a few macro ops in Wainilu, Pink Beach or Siaba Besar in teh north part some more like Cannibal in the south.
Personally I like those spots for wide angle :
- Batu Bolong that you wil certainly dive it more than once,
I think it's worthwhile staying one full dive in the shallows around 10AM or 4PM while the light is soft and nice. It's full of anthias and you get a wonderful surface effect in your image.
- Tatawa Besar some of the best coral colors in Komodo, incredible flashy orange!
- Tengah Kecil, also named Pengah, it's an emerged pinnacle that shows lots of coral diversity and beautiful gorgoninans, the mountlike topography of the site makes it great for backgrounds.
- There is an incredible bommie covered with glassfish at the end of Shotgun.
- Crystal Rock and Castle Rock may have lots of fish but the current is sometimes so violent you cannot get out your shelter to shoot them.
Afternoon light in Batu Bolong
Wrasse mayhem in shallow Batu Bolong
Shallows on Batu Bolong (look close and you'll find something interesting )
Deeper Batu Bolong :
Colors on Tatawa Besar
Gorgonians on Pengah
Final bommie at Shotgun
Surgeonfish on Crystal Rock
You may have a look at my Komodo gallery clicking here : https://www.flickr.c...157625084671506
Edited by Luko, 07 February 2018 - 03:38 AM.
Galleries in Pbase : Ambon & Maluku, Bangka & Bali, Komodo & Maumere, Moalboal, Mabul & Sipadan.
Vanuatu incl.SS Pres.Coolidge wreck.