Apple shipping Final Cut Server

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TheRealDrew

TheRealDrew

Humpback Whale

• 2859 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:55 AM

Despite the rumors swirling due to Apple pulling out of NAB and the future of Final Cut, it is here

Apple Server

Edited by TheRealDrew, 08 April 2008 - 07:58 AM.

#2 jonny shaw

jonny shaw

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1326 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:34 PM

Would be great if I had staff :D

What are the rumours about Apple pulling out of FCS?

Jon

www.ginclearfilm.com
www.facebook.com/ginclearfilm
GATES DEEP EPIC Based in Sydney

#3 TheRealDrew

TheRealDrew

Humpback Whale

• 2859 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:15 PM

Would be great if I had staff :D

What are the rumours about Apple pulling out of FCS?

Jon

There was some rumblings that Apple pulling out of NAB meant they were not interested and there were a couple of things on the internet speculating that Apple was going to unload the Pro Apps, none of which made sense, but you never know.

One Place Discussing And Refuting

I particularly like the opinion expressed in the second post here about how Jobs would feel about selling

Some more here

But I think the release of the server is a good sign. Now if they can get on the blu-ray bandwagon a bit more :blush:

#4 jonny shaw

jonny shaw

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1326 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:29 PM

:D That second post was funny!!!
Always good to start the morning with a laugh.

I first thought that it sounded like complete rubbish....but who knows, maybe Edius will make a apple version and we will all join Wags!!!!

Jon

Edited by jonny shaw, 08 April 2008 - 02:29 PM.

www.ginclearfilm.com

#5 TheRealDrew

TheRealDrew

Humpback Whale

• 2859 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:45 PM

I first thought that it sounded like complete rubbish....but who knows, maybe Edius will make a apple version and we will all join Wags!!!!

Don't give Wags ideas :D Edius world domination on all platforms. I was wondering why he was searching about for an Apple SDK :blush:

#6 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10705 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:43 PM

NAB doesn't sell products, it's become a networking place and it cost a lot for companies like AVID and Apple to have a presence at NAB for no real return. For manufacturers like Sony it's a great place to launch and show products.
Anyhow FC Server is a nice system. I saw the beta in LA and the workstation environment it creates with FCP is pretty integrated. I especially liked the workflow template and automation.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.

#7 jonny shaw

jonny shaw

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1326 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:26 PM

So Drew, do you reckon the rumours are just hot air?

www.ginclearfilm.com

#8 Drew

Drew

The Controller

• Video Expert
  • 10705 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:02 PM

All I know is that broadcast and corporate business is not what Apple is going after right now and thus they made the same decision as Avid. It's just smart business.
As for the sale of Pro Apps, well they were designed from the beginning to help sell computers, pushing the integrated software/hardware pitch. They bought quite a few software to bring out Shake and Color. Phenomenon is also on the way. I doubt that's a sign of them wanting to sell.

Drew
"Journalism is what someone else does not want printed, everything else is public relations."

"I was born not knowing, and have only had a little time to change that here and there.