6 replies to this topic

#1 Markobaricevic20

Markobaricevic20

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:02 AM

Hi everybody,
Im kindly asking your advice and knowledge sharing.
I have Seacam Silver housing for Nikon D800 with 2xS6 bulkheads.
Inside housing, on the top, behing metal plate, there is small electronic board connecting bulkheads and hot shoe. I assume it enables dual strobe TTL functionality for Seacam strobes.
Im considering purchase pair of strobes and now Im looking for best (and cost/functioanlity/futureproof) effective solution.
In case I decide to go with pair of Inon Z330 strobes, I wonder what are connectivity options?
If Inon strobes are connected by Seacam electrical cable S6-S&S, will strobes support TTL ? Or do I need to purchase additional TTL circutry eg Turtle? I would avoid change S6 bulkheads to N5.
Is there any option for optical connection? I got info there is Seacam optical slave trigger (dual strobe) as option instead of electrical connection...? Anybody knows about it, how it looks like, how it works, does it replace electrical bulkhead or is attached to S6? Does it support TTL with Inon Z strobes if connected by optical cable?

Thanks in advance for any info!
Regards,
Marko

Edited by Markobaricevic20, 03 May 2018 - 04:06 AM.

#2 Pavel Kolpakov

Pavel Kolpakov

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:UNDERWATER PHOTO

Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:18 PM

Hi Marko,

You can use UWTechnics  #11035 Optoelectronic TTL-Converter, which supports INON and a pair of SEACAM strobes. Installation is under the standard metal plate in SEACAM housing. Product supports SEACAM standard bulkhead connectors and HotShoe cable.

Possible to use S6 or N5 bulkheads. Optical bulkhead is also suggested for that setup.

Adam Hanlon uses that TTL-Converter in D800 SEACAM housing. You can ask him to share the experience.

Attached Images

• 11035-1-web.jpg
  • Seacam-plate-web.jpg
  • Seacam-1135-mounted.jpg

Edited by Pavel Kolpakov, 04 May 2018 - 12:54 AM.

#3 Markobaricevic20

Markobaricevic20

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 12:36 PM

Hi Marko,
You can use UWTechnics  #11035 TTL-Converter, which supports INON and a pair of SEACAM strobes. Installation is under the standard metal plate in SEACAM housing. It supports SEACAM standard bulkheads connectors and HotShoe cable.
You can use optical and wire synchronization. Possible to use S6 or N5 bulkheads. Optical bulkhead is also suggested for that setup.
Adam Hanlon uses that TTL-Converter in D800 SEACAM housing. You can ask him to share the experience.

Hi Pavel,
Thanks for info, really appreciate it!
Seems that might be the right solution what Im looking for :)
Just to make some calculations including strobe price and optical cables + bulkheads...

Regards!
Marko

#4 Pavel Kolpakov

Pavel Kolpakov

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 12:05 AM

Just to make some calculations including strobe price and optical cables + bulkheads...

Optical bulkheads - UWTechnics #91307. It has Nauticam style optical connector, Subal-M14 screw mount and built-in LED.

Optical fiber cables - better use Nauticam #26216.

TTL-Converter supports the following strobes: Inon Z-330, Z-240, Ikelite DS161, DS-160,  Sea&Sea YS-250, YS-D1, YS-D2, + a pair of Seacam Seaflash strobes.

The system configuration can be assembled in different ways. For example, the one i tested (S6 + N5 + Optical):

Attached Images

• Seacam-assemble-web.jpg

Edited by Pavel Kolpakov, 04 May 2018 - 02:53 AM.

#5 Markobaricevic20

Markobaricevic20

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:02 AM

Hi Marko,
You can use UWTechnics  #11035 Optoelectronic TTL-Converter, which supports INON and a pair of SEACAM strobes. Installation is under the standard metal plate in SEACAM housing. Product supports SEACAM standard bulkhead connectors and HotShoe cable.
Possible to use S6 or N5 bulkheads. Optical bulkhead is also suggested for that setup.

Hi,
Just to check, does this board support 2x optical bulkhead? I see red connector connecting optical bulkhead, but details so small, I cant see if this red connector on the PCB is double for two optical bulkheads?
Thanks,
Marko

#6 Pavel Kolpakov

Pavel Kolpakov

Wolf Eel

• Industry
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:23 PM

Just to check, does this board support 2x optical bulkhead? I see red connector connecting optical bulkhead, but details so small, I cant see if this red connector on the PCB is double for two optical bulkheads?

Yes, it supports 2 optical bulkheads. 

Edited by Pavel Kolpakov, 13 May 2018 - 04:24 PM.

#7 Markobaricevic20

Markobaricevic20

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:36 PM

Yes, it supports 2 optical bulkheads. 

Thanks Pavel!
Regards,
Marko