5 replies to this topic

#1 bany

bany

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 09:53 AM

Hi dear Pro

I am going to buy new meikon U/W housing(budget is tight)  for my canon 70D, the housing port is fixed and I can't change the port like other type. I can just use these three lens ( the maximum length is limited to 9 cm ) 1- 60 macro Canon 2-60 Venus new chines lens with 1:2 magnification and manual control 3: new 28 mm canon with LED O-ring flash .

could any one help me through this issue .

thank you in advanced.

Mahdi. 

1-+ point of 28 mm canon is o_ring flash ( I don't know about negative point)

2-60 Venus ( 2 x magnification as a plus point and minimal focus distance 18.5 cm ) ( lake of auto focus )

3- 60 macro ( low minimum focus distance to reach 1:1 magnification about 9.5 cm )

#2 Tom_Kline

Tom_Kline

Great White

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • Interests:fishes and invertebrates

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:15 AM

The new Canon 28mm macro lens with the ring flash is an EF-M lens, designed for the EOS-M mirrorless cameras. The 60mm EF-S macro lens is quite popular among Canon APS shooters. Do not have one myself so cannot comment. I would recommend an AF lens over a MF lens like the Venus. You can still MF the Canon lens but will need a focusing gear, also for the Venus lens. I seem to recall that the Venus lens has a manual diaphragm - you should check on this. A manual diaphragm is going to be particularly challenging to use under water if even possible as you will need a control gear for this as well.

Thomas C. Kline, Jr., Ph. D.
Oceanography & Limnology
Currently used housed digital cameras: Canon EOS-1Ds MkIII, EOS-1D MkIV, and EOS-1DX; and Nikon D3X. More or less retired: Canon EOS-1Ds MkII; and Nikon D1X, D2X, and D2H.

Lens focal lengths ranging from 8 to 200mm for UW use. Seacam housings and remote control gear. Seacam 60D, 150D, and 250D, Sea&Sea YS250, and Inon Z220 strobes.

http://www.salmonography.com/

#3 blibecap

blibecap

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:55 AM

You might look here http://wetpixel.com/...=58040&p=376009

Bill Libecap
Cincinnati, Oh
http://www.UwCameraStuff.com
Home of the Housing Sentry, the ultimate leak prevention system.

#4 bany

bany

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:29 AM

The new Canon 28mm macro lens with the ring flash is an EF-M lens, designed for the EOS-M mirrorless cameras. The 60mm EF-S macro lens is quite popular among Canon APS shooters. Do not have one myself so cannot comment. I would recommend an AF lens over a MF lens like the Venus. You can still MF the Canon lens but will need a focusing gear, also for the Venus lens. I seem to recall that the Venus lens has a manual diaphragm - you should check on this. A manual diaphragm is going to be particularly challenging to use under water if even possible as you will need a control gear for this as well.

Thank you so much Tom.now I know what I want to choose .:)

#5 bany

bany

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:20 AM

Thank you so much tiger shark.now I know what I want to choose .:)

#6 bany

bany

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:23 AM

I also saw the link that you sent me , it seems great,but i couldn't do that by myself.