• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 spudgun

spudgun

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:35 AM

Hope you don't mind me posting this here. It's my firts time with the housing, obviously, and I need more practise, but I think this camera has amazing potential for a lot less than the GH5.

#2 ScubaBob

ScubaBob

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 12:28 PM

That parrotfish didn't seem to like your housing, but you got some great footage!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Videos on Vimeo | YouTube
Panasonic DMC-GH4 | Nauticam NA-GH4 Housing
Light & Motion Sola 4000 Video Lights
Lumix 7-14mm / Oly 12-50mm / Oly 60mm Macro / SubSee +10

#3 spudgun

spudgun

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:31 PM

Glad you're here Bob. Its a Titan Trigger Fish and yes, he scratched my dome port!
I also wanted to publicly thank you, here, for your patient and invaluable advice you so kindly gave me, prior to my trip. You're a true gentleman and a scholar, and such people make forums such as this truly worthwhile.
Best wishes, Bob.

PS: My wifes pictures with the GX80/85 are to follow!

Edited by spudgun, 04 September 2017 - 01:15 PM.

#4 matdiver1234

matdiver1234

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:04 PM

Hey spudgun,
that's really nice work. I know the Red Sea quite well, and it was like being back there again!
I'm tempted to agree with you about the camera. Your white balance is absolutely perfect - could you tell us how you achieved it please? red filter and custom set off the sand?
Cheers,
Matt

Matt

https://vimeo.com/user778053/videos

Panasonic GH2 - 10 Bar housing - 50W Kowalski Maxum

#5 Corrinek

Corrinek

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:27 PM

Wow that is amazing quality footage. It looks of the same quality as the GH5. Does the GX80 manually white balance at depth like the GH5 and LX100 or does it require a filter like the GH4 does?
Corrine

#6 spudgun

spudgun

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:52 AM

Hi Mattdiver. Thank you for your kind words. Some of the clips had a ti y bit of tweaking or boosting to auto levels in post, but not much. I used a Magic Filter, internally, and shot auto white balance up to around 10 metres, after tbat I focised on the white sand bottom, which did a good job down to around 35 metres with no lights. It's my first time with the camera and next year I'm sure I'll get better results.

Corrinek, thankyou also. I only ever used the red filter, which did a great job, although I may try next time without the filter to see how it copes with white balance. My personal feeling is that below 10 metres uou could probably get great results without the filter.