Photo
- - - - -

Anyone have experience with "ScubaSpa" Maldives?

scubaspa maldives liveaboard

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ronfoto

Ronfoto

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:10 AM

I'm looking at booking a private group charter on the ScubaSpa in the Maldives.  I unfortunately won't have time to do the usual site visit/test trip due to scheduling, so I'm looking for feedback from anyone who has been on their current boat and experiences their services first hand.

Luxury level of the boat?

Quality of service?

Issues you experienced?

Problems/obstacles to be aware of?

This group is a traveling group of glamour/nude models, shooting mostly for playboy and maxim magazines.  We'll be doing very limited diving, mostly looking for remote beaches, privacy, and complete relaxation on the boat when not working.  Quality of service/food and level of luxury are the two biggest concerns for the group as this is 50% vacation as well.

Thanks for your input!

@ronfoto

www.ronfotostudio.com

www.assocphotoevents.com

#2 Etc

Etc

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 04:45 AM

I won't be able to help you much with scubaspa. But for a Luxury charter with great crew and ambience.  I'd choose the Maldives Crown of Submaldives.

By the way... can you take me with you? :innocent:

Edited by Etc, 10 April 2018 - 05:07 AM.

#3 donjeanhom

donjeanhom

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:07 AM

I'm looking at booking a private group charter on the ScubaSpa in the Maldives.  I unfortunately won't have time to do the usual site visit/test trip due to scheduling, so I'm looking for feedback from anyone who has been on their current boat and experiences their services first hand.

Luxury level of the boat?
Quality of service?
Issues you experienced?
Problems/obstacles to be aware of?

This group is a traveling group of glamour/nude models, shooting mostly for playboy and maxim magazines.  We'll be doing very limited diving, mostly looking for remote beaches, privacy, and complete relaxation on the boat when not working.  Quality of service/food and level of luxury are the two biggest concerns for the group as this is 50% vacation as well.

Thanks for your input!

Try Princesa Luluka of Maldives Cruiser. Recently refitted 6 months ago. Complete overhaul of both Man motors. New water maker and renovated interior. Went on their boat several times already. Highly recommended. Chef is from a 5 star restaurant. Crew extremely attentive. Survive is too notch. Nothing but good things to say about them. Have been on the other two boats before. Don't want to say anything negative about others. But nothing can compare to Princesa Luluka. Additionally, the company is headquartered in Singapore owned by Japanese. I felt that their safety and service was high priority. Best of luck in your search. Hope this helps.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 HTC_M10h 發送

#4 okuma

okuma

Great Hammerhead

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 03:40 PM

Do you need a camera boy?

Underwater Photography:
If it is so easy every one would be doing it!

Nikon D 500, Subal Housing, Inon Z 240 strobes.

#5 Etc

Etc

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:21 AM

Do you need a camera boy?

Ey, Ey!!! Get in the line!!! :)

#6 benedika

benedika

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:06 AM

I have been there in December last year shooting underwater for a commercial.
Service, luxury, food, boat is the 1st first class!
Issues...??? hmmm...the cocktail Shark attack was quiet strong...don't have two!

#7 alexmal

alexmal

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2018 - 12:59 AM

I suppose you did a trip with this liveaboard. At least I've seen a video on You Tube. As I know they do mostly full charters.

As per diving, Scubaspa has a different conception. It's like a floating resort. They have SPA onboard (for now it's the only safari boat in Maldives with SPA onboard) with reasonable price. They do full charters, but not so many.

They have a few awards as well and management is from Poland. So it's one of TOP liveaboards in Maldives with good service, food and diving. The only thing is most of their cabins are double, not twin.

Hope it hepled.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: scubaspa, maldives, liveaboard