• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Pajjpen

Pajjpen

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:59 AM

Too much post stabilisation can indeed make footage look very odd and at times give you a very uneasy viewing experience with stuff wobbling at the edge of your footage.

I know I've used it too excess before with bad (looking at it now) results.

Having the IBIS and OIS on the GH5, really does negate the need to use any warp stabiliser - when I have added it, its very slight and just removes the final bumps, and yeah the 1-2% you loose, you won't see in YouTube.

One thing for the GH5 would be running it at 60fps, a higher shutter speed and with the increase in ISO - something you potentially can't do with the GH5, the warp stabiliser then has twice as many frames (and sharp, clean ones at that) to calculate the movement, so you can potentially get much cleaner, stable results.

Interesting times ahead

You could also slow it down 50% (shooting at 60 FPS) which would help a lot too, without even needing to stabilise. Gonna be interesting to see people starting to get their hands on the 5s!

#22 lutfu

lutfu

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:53 AM

I like this one and it is from your area pajpen

#23 Pajjpen

Pajjpen

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:08 PM

I love the night time shots on the snowmobiles, so clean! Still haven't decided whether to go with the 5 or the 5s haha, I'm torn.

Skickat från min VTR-L29 via Tapatalk

#24 lutfu

lutfu

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:24 AM

Coming from gh4 i think having  the ibis underwater is a great thing  (for me at least) 

İ have the gh5 now but i havent used it uw that much until now..this one i have filmed back in october . İ have 5000x2 lights but at some sceneries i havent used them at all...Unfortunately i cant remember my iso vallues .... those caves were  dark actually ..

Edited by lutfu, 14 January 2018 - 03:31 AM.