• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2845 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 04 October 2006 - 06:24 PM

Got to toot my own horn once in awhile. The new issue of Asian Diver has published a revised version of my artilcle 'So You Want to Get Your Feet Wet, but Not Your Camcorder'. I included new pictures and greatly revised and edited the original, and very long, piece. However, it figures that while I gave credit to my friend and travel partner for one photo, they mistakenly gave him credit for all the other shots that were my own. Oh well, he enjoyed getting credit(but no money)

If you are just getting into this incredible hobby or profession, maybe you'll be able to get your hands on the artilcle. It is also up on the Asian Diver website sans most of the pictures.
Steve B)

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#2 Mary Lynn

Mary Lynn

Video Expert

• 299 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 01:28 PM

Steve, it's a great article! (The website version.)

It gets right to the point on some of the most important aspects of good underwater videography, and it reads very well!

[Noticed you taken on some unusual forms of spelling for a guy originally from New York ;).]

Well done and a big congratulations--I can't wait to see the hard copy version!

Mary Lynn

#3 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3849 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and Knitting......no diving of course :-)

Posted 06 October 2006 - 11:29 PM

Hey cool Steve.
Well done.
I'll try out some of ya tips on me next dive :)

Amphibico Phenom & EVO PRO & Navigator 900
Share Your Underwater Videos | www.flykam.com.au

#4 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2845 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 08 October 2006 - 04:51 AM

Hey Wags, much thanks tho I doubt you need any tips from me at your stage of the game.
Mary Lynn, yep, you write it and their editors will provide a big surprise for you by changing some of the words on you, it happens.
Interesting to me that the website article and the actual magazine article are somewhat different, they leave all the pictures out of the website and one of my best pics was left out of the magazine. Then the paycheck arrives 3 months late.
Steve B)

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#5 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3849 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and Knitting......no diving of course :-)

Posted 08 October 2006 - 06:48 PM

Yep gota love that media mob.
Promise you the world till they get want they want then , what, who, O yeh no wories mate will do,... :)
Then they over dramatise it and drag as much as they can out of it for as long as they can. I have a tiny bit of footage of a Great White Biting our rib and cannot remember how many people have contacted us for it, not the slightest interested in any of the other stunning footage we have.
Not to say they are all like that.

O I love this one, sorry we only have a small budget...but it just cost you guys like $20,000 just to get here. :D so I always recond they can aford abit more to have nice shots for their programs.

Amphibico Phenom & EVO PRO & Navigator 900
Share Your Underwater Videos | www.flykam.com.au