• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 divegypsy

divegypsy

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Interests:travelilng, diving, photography, animal behavior, American football.

Posted 08 April 2018 - 12:26 PM

For Sale - a highly customized Subal ND800 housing and a Nikon D800 camera with many extras.  US$3300

Housing customization includes:

(1) Most apparent from the rear-oblique view is that the housing back is black. I had this done to make the D800 LCD screen more visible in bright ambient light.  

(2) This housing has a viewfinder adapter which allows the use of Nauticam viewfinders. The basic Nauticam viewfinder is included in the $3300 price.  

(3) Included as shown in front view picture is a Vivid Housings Leak Sentry Vacuum Seal check system.

(4) The housing has a custom lever for the flash compensation control which allows you to keep that button on the camera depressed which allows you to shoot a sequence of shots quickly at different flash compensations in TTL.  

(5) The housing body is wired to be ready for TTL shooting with Ikelite TTL strobe system.  The wiring goes directly from the D800 hotshoe to a Subtronic N5 external bulkhead with all 5 wires connected.

(6) Your choice of either a Subal or Seacam port mount on the front of the housing. I have been using Seacam ports due to the advantage of their having a double o-ring seal.  But I can change the housing back to a Subal Type 4 port system if that is what you want.

(7) Due to some push-buttons sticking when depressed, a problem experienced by many other Subal users and comments in threads concerning stuck push buttons, I have replaced the critical buttons with stainless steel buttons that have a groove that is easy to grasp and pull outward if this happens. Third picture in advert shows a close view of a new button.

One Nikon D800 camera body, two camera batteries, one battery charger, two 32Gb compact flash cards, one Lexar USB-3 ard reader that reads both Compact Flash and SD cards. 

If interested or questions please contact Fred Bavendam at fbavendam@hotmail.com

Attached Images

• Subal front view.jpg
  • Subal obique-rear view.jpg
  • SS Push-button detail.jpg
  • D800 & extras.jpg

Edited by divegypsy, 08 April 2018 - 12:39 PM.

#2 onokai

onokai

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:U/W photo-Diving-Tuna fishing

Posted 08 April 2018 - 01:30 PM

I sent you a e-mail as I'm interested .

Mark

Subal ND30- Housing
Way to many strobes to list
 subal d300 setup with Ikelite 161 strobes
Still a film divasourus at heart in a digital world

#3 Oceanus

Oceanus

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:45 PM

Can I ask where you got those stainless steel buttons?

Thanks, 

Christopher

Christopher Andersen

christopher@oceanus.no | + 47 924 32 450

#4 divegypsy

divegypsy

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Interests:travelilng, diving, photography, animal behavior, American football.

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:26 PM

Christopher,

I had a machine shop make the stainless steel push buttons specifically for my Subal housings.  They helped quite a lot, but didn't totally stop the push buttons from sticking.  The groove, however, makes it very easy for me to "unstick" the button by pulling it outward.

Fred

#5 divegypsy

divegypsy

Eagle Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:23 AM

All three of my Subal ND800 housings have now been sold.