• Please log in to reply
1955 replies to this topic

#1921 joncroweucl

joncroweucl

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 08:22 AM

Greetings fellow underwater photography enthusiasts!

I've recently decided to take my underwater photography to the next level and am seeking to get advice and learning from this experienced community.

Nice to meet you all!

Jonny

#1922 lpemberton1

lpemberton1

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 10:29 AM

Hi,

I live in the Central Coast of California (near San Luis Obispo). If anyone knows of an underwater photographic society in this area, please let me know! The ones in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, and Northern California are just too far away for me to attend their meetings and events.

Thanks,

Laurie

#1923 netomarioneto

netomarioneto

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 11:57 PM

Hi,

I'm Salvador from Spain.

Altough I'm not an expertise UW photographer I've decided to join the forum (by a forum member advice) since I urgently need to resell two spaces for a liveaboard in Isla del Coco (Costa Rica) in August'18. I've had a personnal problem and unfortunately I can not go. I'm going to publish it in the right subforum in the next minutes.

Thanks to all.

#1924 pmindesign

pmindesign

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:30 AM

Hi,

I'm Paulo Martins. I am Portuguese and currently live in Angola.

I look forward to making my contribution to the development of the Wetpixel community and to underwater activities.

Good dives and good photos to all.

Thanks

Paulo Martins

#1925 Lord de la Complacencia

Lord de la Complacencia

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:41 AM

Hi all,
I'm a diver from Spain. I dive in the Mediterranean Sea and I usually travel to the Red Sea and there I take some uw bad ;-) pictures and videos.

Best.

Edited by Lord de la Complacencia, 23 July 2018 - 08:42 AM.

#1926 emerald

emerald

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 03:32 AM

Hello,

I'm from Hong Kong and I've been wanting to get started with uw photography for a while now.

Cheers

#1927 Werels

Werels

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 03:58 AM

Hi all,

I am a Belgian diver looking forward to learning more on this board.

All the best.

#1928 JanBlack

JanBlack

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 06:25 AM

Hi,

I am a Danish diver and videographer. I have been an active videographer for 20 years.
I want to try to sell my current equipment through this forum.
/Jan

#1929 Noelhic

Noelhic

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:12 PM

hi  im noel from ireland diving about 8 years currently using an easydive leo pro2 with a canon 6d  sigma 105mm macro  looking to get some strobes soon 

#1930 r.a.abbey@gmail.com

r.a.abbey@gmail.com

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 01:12 PM

I'm new to Wetpixel, just logging in for the first time.

#1931 vagabondexpedition

vagabondexpedition

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:43 PM

New to the site, and just stopping in to say hello.. looks like I've got a lot of reading to do.

First off, I'm not new to photography or scuba diving.. but the two of them combined - yes - other than a gopro and no strobes or lights. Mind you, I'm doing a scuba re-cert as it was early 2000's when I last did any significant amount of diving (and for some reason, telling people I have an IDEA AOW C-Card confuses them.  Is IDEA not very recognized any more?  Plus a re-cert with the g/f is the only way to get her diving...  win-win at bit of a cost, but that's ok.

Anyway, for cameras, I have a Nikon D750 and Sony a6500 - but am thinking the Sealife DC2000 package would be a good u/w starter rig - that way I've got 'less gear' to fumble with while diving for the first bit - looks like it is a fairly capable system.  I had having another camera, but at the same time, then I don't have to worry about flooding a housing for either of my 'good' cameras while learning to juggle the gear.  Happy to hear your thoughts, but off to dig through the forums for some research!

43680663072_64b9d1fc91_c.jpg

underwater shot of a fellow photographer - shot with gopro (VERY silty conditions - Puerto Vallarta Mexico, Feb 2017

Edited by vagabondexpedition, 29 July 2018 - 08:44 PM.

#1932 holoholo

holoholo

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 01:44 PM

Making my first post so that I can sell my canon 5d mark iii with my Nimar pro underwater setup that goes down to 197'

#1933 MarineGeoPhoto

MarineGeoPhoto

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 02:25 PM

Hi all! I'm a marine scientist and research diver and do ocean exploration and seafloor mapping professionally. My significant other is a marine biologist reach diver and freedive-photographer. We are looking to upgrade our current gear set and may be hitting members up about used gear and generally underwater photography Q's, looking forward to joining the community!

#1934 glorifiedfisherman

glorifiedfisherman

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 06:07 AM

Hi, my name is Simon. Im an experienced diver and Marine Biologist. Ive been shooting Macro for a long time but am hoping to diversify into some wide angle stuff due to a recent change of location. All and any advice welcome!

#1935 margaretS

margaretS

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:58 AM

Hello, Margaret Soraya from the highlands of Scotland here. I've been a pro photographer for 14 years and I live for anything to do with water. Underwater photography is new to me so just learning and needing to buy kit. I have a long term project planned involving photographing landscapes on the Outer Hebrides through and from their very clear waters. 

#1936 ozdiverguy

ozdiverguy

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Landscape Photography
    CCRs

Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:12 AM

Hi, 

I’m Neil from Brisbane Australia and I thought I would finally introduce myself as I have been lurking here for many months.

I have been diving since 2002. I started underwater photography soon after starting with a disposable underwater film camera (all photos were complete rubbish) before progressing to my first compact digital camera, the Olympus C-5050Z. 

Nowadays, I dive on rebreather with a Canon 7Dmark ii in an Nauticam housing with Retra strobes as equipment of choice.

I’m still making terrible lighting errors with strobes but I’m hoping to improve and perhaps make some more creative shots over the coming months.

Neil

#1937 bama6977

bama6977

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:31 PM

New here and from Florida. Upgrading from Sea Life 1400 Pro Duo to Sony a6500 with Fantasea Housing. Big learning curve.

#1938 EbbFlood

EbbFlood

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 01:54 AM

Good Morning!

I'm an amateur underwater photographer based in Bristol, UK, been diving and taking pics for a few years. Currently enjoying a lot of taking pics while snorkelling around the UK at the moment, love the freedom.  Looking forward to picking up tips and techniques from the excellent forums here!

All the best,

Chris 

#1939 dave@immersed

dave@immersed

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 04:13 PM

Hi everyone,

Dave here, from Darwin, the Top End of Australia.

Looking forward to joining the discussion, learning, and sharing.

I'm a fairly experienced photographer/diver who loves to learn new skills, techniques, styles, and I enjoy helping others to do the same.

I now shoot with a GH5 (stills and video), but still enjoy the virtues of my compact setups from time to time.

Check out my website to see some of my work, including my other interest/business - aerial photography.

www.immersed.net.au

Edited by dave@immersed, 06 August 2018 - 04:14 PM.

#1940 Justin1987

Justin1987

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 04:59 PM

Hello I am Justin from Victoria Australia, just starting to get into underwater photography and think this will be a great site/resource to help me improve.

Cheers Justin