48 replies to this topic

#41 thetrickster

thetrickster

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:56 AM

The manual states:

Attention: Although the vacuum indicator is designed to compensate for a certain amount of temperature variation, it is recommended to conduct the vacuum test in an environment where the temperature is stable. 

So I think I must of found the limit of the temperature circuity! :)

Regards, Richard

---

Camera Rig: Nauticam Lumix GH5/GH5s, 14-42mm II, WWL-1, Atomos Inferno, 48,000lm of artificial sun.

www.richardwait.com

#42 Interceptor121

Interceptor121

Giant Squid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1763 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:06 AM

The manual states:

So I think I must of found the limit of the temperature circuity! :)

Uhm not really I read you need to conduct the initial test that is watertight at constant temperature then it should store the value and start the compensation algorythm

Need more information on the specs as it is not unusual to get 10C delta T for video

Check my video, pictures and blog

YouTube Channel

Flickr Sets

Blog

#43 Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Humpback Whale

• 3135 posts
  • Interests:Protecting our Ocean, Environmental Education,
    Having fun and Living Well

Posted 29 June 2014 - 11:34 AM

Richard,

You would get the same indication if you had a very small leak.  I had mine go yellow after 4 hrs when I forgot to install the plug on the strobe connection and the connector was open to ambient.  Took me a while to figure out what I had done.  Not sure something like that is your issue but I wouldn't automatically assume it's the temperature compensation issue.  

Good luck,

Steve

The Fin Foundation
HSWImages.com        My Images on Flikr

Canon 5D Mk III, 7D & 40D, 60mm, 100mm, 17-40L, Tokina 10-17, Nauticam 7D, Sea & Sea MDX-40D YS-250's ULCS arms, Lightroom

#44 K l i k

K l i k

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:42 AM

Thank you for info.

I have trouble removing the original LED of moisture sensor.

Some help?

Edited by K l i k, 28 July 2014 - 04:49 AM.

#45 E_viking

E_viking

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Interests:UW Photography, Diving,
    Skiing & Mountaineering

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:39 AM

@Klik

Remove the O-ring that keep the original "plastic LED holder/lense" (whatever it should be called).

You do not need to remove more than that. You have a new one in your package.

Use the new one it is easier.

I believe that they have used a small drop of glue originally to hold the LED in place. I think that I was cutting the old wires , due to that.

/Erik

Nikon D800, Nikon 60, 105, 16-35, Sigma 15, Nauticam D800, Zen 230mm, Subsee +5 & +10, 2*INON Z240

#46 K l i k

K l i k

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:38 PM

@Klik

Remove the O-ring that keep the original "plastic LED holder/lense" (whatever it should be called).

You do not need to remove more than that. You have a new one in your package.

Use the new one it is easier.

I believe that they have used a small drop of glue originally to hold the LED in place. I think that I was cutting the old wires , due to that.

/Erik

Thank you.

#47 Sjohnso2

Sjohnso2

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:39 AM

Well...I finally got my house retrofitted and took the whole rig to Bonaire for a week long test. What a sweet system! I was impressed with the job Reef photo did and it works so well. I don't know how i managed without a vacuum system before. The peace of mind is worth every penny i spent. Just to look at the light after changing the system from wide to macro before a dive and not to worry about the possibility of leaks was awesome. I spent a total of 29 hours under water without a thought about the housing. The led is easy to see in day light as well as under the water. I left the system powered on the whole week and the battery is still fine. 

Thanks for all the feed back. If there are any questions I can answer feel free to ask.

Regards,

Steve

#48 K l i k

K l i k

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:06 AM

someone has Nauticam valve with BCD inflator??

Works fine???

thanks...

#49 romanheber

romanheber

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:25 AM

All the thoughts are very impressive , it's all really useful for me to go through the whole discussion. I have learned many things from there and surely going to use those things while going my work as a commercial leak detection contractor.