• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Walt Stearns

Walt Stearns

Manta Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Interests:Diving and underwater photography of course with a little rebreathers, cave diving, marine science and natural history thrown in.

Posted 08 May 2019 - 02:30 PM

I have a Nikon AF-S Fisheye Nikkor 8-15mm F/3.5-4.5E ED in like new condition along with both a Nauticam Nikon AF-S fisheye 8-15mm F/3.5-4.5E ED lens zoom gear (SKU # 19150, which lists for $195.00 USD) and a modified Nauticam focus gear (originally made for Canon’s 100mm f/2.8L macro lens) for when the lens is paired with a Kenko 1.4x Teleplus Pro 300 teleconverter. I am also including Kenko 1.4x Teleplus Pro 300 teleconverter that I had used with lens inside my NA-D500 housing. 

When I was using a D500, this lens with the 1.4x teleconverter proved to be far better alternative optically than what I saw with the Tokina 10-17 fisheye. The funny thing now, since moving to a Nikon D850 and my newly modified Nikonos 13 R-UW lens, I now longer have a need for this set up. Sure the 8-15 works fine with full frame, as long as you are happy with 8mm circular fisheye and 15mm full frame fisheye. The thing is, I don’t care about shooting circular fisheye images, as they are more a novelty than something of true practical use. 

My selling price for this entire kit is $1100.00 plus shipping.

Attached Images

• 8-15lens combo.jpg
  • 8-15lens_01 (1).jpg

#2 Walt Stearns

Walt Stearns

Manta Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Interests:Diving and underwater photography of course with a little rebreathers, cave diving, marine science and natural history thrown in.

Posted 12 May 2019 - 08:46 AM

Bumped

#3 SCUBA Hank

SCUBA Hank

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Scuba, Photography, Sailing, Snowboarding, Travel, Red Wine, Cooking

Posted 17 May 2019 - 05:10 AM

I'll think about this... I have been considering getting the 8-15 just to fool around with the circular images and add a few to my portfolio...   I'll touch base soon (and I live right next door)...

-Scoobz

#4 Walt Stearns

Walt Stearns

Manta Ray

• Industry
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 01:33 PM

The lens has been sold. Sorry for the late response, but right after closing the deal and shipping it off, I had to jump a flight to Boston, forgetting to update this post.