Jump to content


troporobo

Member Since 23 Jul 2010
Offline Last Active Yesterday, 11:10 PM
-----

Posts I've Made

In Topic: Nauticam Vacuum Valve II

12 December 2018 - 05:25 AM

For less than 5% of the system cost, vacuum valves are a no-brainer in my book. Especially if you travel, and you're not going to get a second chance, even if you can afford the 95% to replace the system immediately.  

 

As for dessicants, I don't understand why that would be desirable.  Everything will equalize to ambient conditions within an hour.  I dive in relatively (!) high humidity locations but also relatively high temperatures.  Those two factors tend to go together.  I have yet to see any problem with condensation inside the housing. 


In Topic: Amazon Basics, Eneloops, or Eneloops Pro for YS-D2

25 November 2018 - 11:33 PM

I’ve been using the regular Eneloops forever and am very happy with them in strobes and dive lights. I’ve got a couple dozen AAs that are maybe 6-7 years old and still going strong after an average 50-60 dives a year.

I have read that the Amazon batteries are the same, so perhaps worth a try, but the price difference is small. I see no reason to use the Eneloop Pros for my casual diving.

In Topic: Thoughts on Big Blue Black Molly 3?

15 November 2018 - 09:34 PM

That looks like very good value for a combined video and focus light.  2600 Lm is plenty for macro and relatively closeup work, and the red LEDs and low output setting make it perfect as a focus light. I have several Big Blue lights (though not this one) and find them very well made and fairly priced.


In Topic: Wet Macro Diopter; location of focal point

13 November 2018 - 05:36 AM

I can only comment on my combination.  I have used the Subsee +5 and +10 diopters in two ways, attached to flip adapters and screwed directly into the port. I guess the difference in distance to the front element might be +/- a few mm or so.  I can see no difference in either method. 


In Topic: Olympus 60mm and EM1Mk2 Strange Behavior

13 November 2018 - 05:28 AM

That is very strange.  I have the same body and lens and they behave as expected, that is, the limiter switch works as expected above and below water.  Same as when I had the E-M5. In fact, the focus performance with the E-M1 mk II is light years ahead of the E-M5

 

Maybe you have changed a setting by mistake?  The Olympus manuals are not much help so you may need to go through methodically and check things one by one,  Also, check the settings for the L-Fn switch on the lens perhaps?