• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sshanmuga

sshanmuga

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:05 PM

I have a Nikon D4 and a Nauticam housing, with the S&S YS-01 strobes. I ordered a Nauticam optical trigger and nauticam fiber optic cables, and found out that the optical trigger works inconsistently with the YS-01 strobes, in that it doesn't trigger the strobes to fire.

The UWTechnics TTL trigger says it works with YS-01 strobes, has anyone on here tried the UWTechnics trigger with the YS-01 strobes?

Edited by sshanmuga, 09 August 2016 - 05:21 PM.

#2 pmooney

pmooney

Orca

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1236 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 02:43 AM

From the UW Technics manual :

Compatible photo cameras:                                                                                                    all Nikon DSLR cameras

•   Compatible underwater housings:                                                  NAUTICAM housings for Nikon D600/610, D7100, D7200, D800/E, D810, D4/s                                                                                                                                       
  •   Compatible TTL strobes:                                                                                     Inon Z-240, Sea&Sea YS-D1, YS-D2
  •   TTL outputs:                                                                                                                             2 optical,  2 electric wire
  •   Maximum Fiber-optic cable length for “TTL” operation:                                                                                             3m

#3 sshanmuga

sshanmuga

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 02:53 PM

From the UW Technics manual :

Compatible photo cameras:                                                                                                    all Nikon DSLR cameras

•   Compatible underwater housings:                                                  NAUTICAM housings for Nikon D600/610, D7100, D7200, D800/E, D810, D4/s                                                                                                                                       
  •   Compatible TTL strobes:                                                                                     Inon Z-240, Sea&Sea YS-D1, YS-D2
  •   TTL outputs:                                                                                                                             2 optical,  2 electric wire
  •   Maximum Fiber-optic cable length for “TTL” operation:                                                                                             3m

thanks!

#4 sshanmuga

sshanmuga

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 02:58 PM

Has anyone had issues with the Nauticam optical trigger and YS-D1 strobes?

#5 Balage_diver

Balage_diver

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:Underwater photo and electronics

Posted 26 October 2016 - 07:09 AM

Maybe you can try this:   http://trt-electronics.com/

Through-the-lens metering....

#6 Tbar58

Tbar58

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 07:34 PM

I have had problems get a fibre cable to be consistent with a POS and Inon strobe.  Things I found:

- the fibre needs to have good 'clean' ends

- the alignment needs to be positive, that is the fibre needs to point at the light/sensor capture maximum light and direct this to the sensor.

- the fibre needs to be firmly held (so it says in optimal position)

- camera strobe needs to be 'bright', I wouldn't turn the flash down as some cameras allow.

I tried three alternate fibres with different cap ends only one works well.

#7 Balage_diver

Balage_diver

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:55 AM

I have had problems get a fibre cable to be consistent with a POS and Inon strobe.  Things I found:

- the fibre needs to have good 'clean' ends

- the alignment needs to be positive, that is the fibre needs to point at the light/sensor capture maximum light and direct this to the sensor.

- the fibre needs to be firmly held (so it says in optimal position)

- camera strobe needs to be 'bright', I wouldn't turn the flash down as some cameras allow.

I tried three alternate fibres with different cap ends only one works well.

Have you ever tried multicore cable?

#8 Tbar58

Tbar58

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:07 PM

No

#9 Balage_diver

Balage_diver

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:04 PM

No

I made lot of tests with different poor optic cables, and my experience the cables working very very differnt same aperture and sutterspeed.

I suggest you try a multicore cable for your flashes.

Like this.

https://www.unterwas...emgehaeuse.html