Hello and welcome to the forum!

#2142 Switchblade

Switchblade

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:23 AM

Hi everyone,

I am Jerrel. I photograph with a Canon S120 in an Ikelite housing and 2 S&S YS-D1 strobes. I have made some amazing photos with this setup but feel I have now reached the limit of what I can do with it.

My next step: My DSLR with Tokina 10-17mm, Sigma 10-20 and Canon 60mm is finally going under water!!!

#2143 KirtleyLeigh

KirtleyLeigh

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 04:24 PM

Hello I am Kirtley Leigh Walker-Halstead, Underwater Model, Concert Violinist, and wife of the legendary UW photographer Bob Halstead. I will be posting the Announcement today of his Celebration of Life Service to be held here in Cairns, Australia (the GBR) in January. Nice to meet you all, even if under such devastating circumstances of my husband Bob's death. 

#2144 WK's Gone Diving

WK's Gone Diving

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 07:17 PM

Hi,

I'm WK of WK's Gone Diving. I bought a GoPro in January this year and embarked on my journey of creating a video log of my diving holidays. I'm looking to improve my videos with the assistance of this community.

Cheers,

WK

#2145 Canuck kiwi

Canuck kiwi

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 11:12 PM

Gets guys Im Colin
Looking to get into underwater photography and looking for some new gear. 😎🌴

#2146 Oldschool327

Oldschool327

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 01:55 AM

New memeber here from Okinawa. Currently shooting with a Canon G16 YS-01 combo with a few different lenses. Looking to work on my macro photos and wide angle shots. I am also i the market for some gear so Ill be in the classifieds a bit also. Thanks for the join

#2147 Oldschool327

Oldschool327

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 01:58 AM

Currently shooting with a Canon G16 and YS-01. Looking for help in macro and wide angle shots to maximize this combo. Thanks

#2148 Canuck kiwi

Canuck kiwi

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 02:44 PM

Gets guys Im Colin
Looking to get into underwater photography and looking for some new gear. 😎🌴

Trying to find ds160 strobes and cables etc
Will be heading to Philippines soon so will be hitting people up for advice 😊

#2149 Canuck kiwi

Canuck kiwi

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 02:48 PM

Keith here from South Jersey. Looks like I was finally able to get registered after not getting any Wetpixel emails from stupid Comcast. I hate Comcast. I've been diving about 20 years, shooting pictures for about 10 years or so. Currently use a Nikon D60 in a Sea & Sea housing with 2 Sea & Sea alpha-110 strobes. Just went to the Philippines in November, best trip I ever took.

Any suggestions for philipines?

Edited by Canuck kiwi, 26 December 2018 - 02:50 PM.

#2150 Michael Kazma

Michael Kazma

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 06:28 AM

Hi everyone!
Just wanted to introduce myself.
After running a Mako & Blue shark diving business for 10 years I decided a couple of years ago to hang up my fins and move full time into photography. I mostly shoot pet products (for work) but am always shooting sharks for pleasure!

#2151 smarino7

smarino7

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 06:33 PM

hi

#2152 trh_in_houston

trh_in_houston

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 09:07 AM

Happy New Year, everyone!

I just signed up on wetpixels and am looking forward to following the conversations about underwater photography.

I've been diving for since 1975 (anyone else remember those days with simple horsecollars and CO2 cartridges?) and am currently a MSDT.

I recently treated myself to an upgrade of my camera equipment and am shooting a Canon 1DX Mark II in a Nauticam housing. 

I particularly like trying my hand at macro shots, so any pointers and advice will be gladly accepted.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

#2153 Montauker

Montauker

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 09:07 AM

Hi All,
Introducing myself from Montauk, NY.
Looking to become a better uw photographer.
Capt. Chuck Wade

#2154 Epliner

Epliner

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:16 PM

Hi All,

Introducing myself from Singer Island, FL. I have been taking underwater photos for about a year and I am looking forward to improving my photography. Just upgraded to a Sony 6500 with Fantasea case. Anyone have recommendations for a vacuum accessory that works with the Fantasea FA6500?

#2155 Chris.b

Chris.b

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Diving, football, tennis, chess

Posted 03 January 2019 - 02:54 AM

Hello all,

I live in West Sussex and first dabbled with underwater photography about 10 years ago. Although, I haven't been diving for about 5 years now :( 

This enforced rest was due to small children :)

I have a relatively ancient compact setup and am therefore planning to read liberally and hopefully get some great pointers before splurging on a new camera and housing etc...

#2156 pbphoto

pbphoto

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Photography, SCUBA, SCA, and Computers

Posted 03 January 2019 - 04:38 AM

Hello Everyone,

I stumbled upon this site looking for tips and tricks and eagerly joined after seeing what a great community there is here.

I am new to underwater photography and have a basic kit that has worked nicely for the surprising number of opportunities I found myself having in 2018. We are usually an every other year Caribbean divers but are starting to focus on what we want to see more than just getting wet. So with my LX10 setup and a desire to learn and grow I will be sifting through the forums.

Patrick

Greater Boston, USA

https://www.pbrosnanphoto.com/Travel

P Brosnan

Adventures above an below the waves.

#2157 zdillon

zdillon

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2019 - 05:25 PM

Hi Wetpixel community,

I've recently discovered WetPixel and look forward to contributing to this community.

I'm from the Gold Coast, Australia and an avid diver and conservation photographer.

Cheers

#2158 madbadgerous

madbadgerous

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 12:51 PM

hi all,

Irish diver looking to get back into underwater photography. 

hope to see some of ye in the water soon.

All the best,

B

#2159 dcookaz

dcookaz

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 05:50 PM

Hi,

I am Dean, I have been diving since about 1984.  I have a Canon 20D with Aquatica housing.  Dome and 100 mm macro ports.  I am selling the Canon and Aquatica housing with the ports. 

I also have a Lumix GX1 with a Nauticam housing.  I use Inon Z220 strobes. The GX1 broke.  I am looking for a new one or a new replacement camera and housing. 

#2160 amcinnis

amcinnis

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2019 - 07:02 PM