Edited by midael, 20 May 2014 - 07:36 PM.
FOR SALE Ikelite housing for Canon 5D Mark II and 8" dome
1 reply to this topic
Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:35 PM
Selling the entire kit for $1499USD. Only shipping to US. Selling in Ebay, URL:
- Ikelite housing for Canon 5dmk2 (part n:o 6871.02)
- 8-Inch Dome port (part number 5511.1)
- Lens Extension 2.75-Inch (part number 5510.11)
- Flat Port 2.5-Inch Length (part number 5501)
- 3 extra o-rings
- o-ring lubricant
This is a used Ikelite housing with 8" dome and flat port that I have been using mostly for video
production. Selling it to make room for new 4k video gear. It has between 200 to 300 dives on it.
It was serviced, and the electronics were replaced by Ikelite sometime in 2012.
This is a great kit at great price if you are looking to get started in underwater photography. Just
add strobe, or two and you're good to go. The ports support e.g. Canon and Sigma primes from 15mm fisheye
to at least 50mm 1.8 lenses.
- Has a tripod attachement in the handle for underwater tripod use.
- Housing is missing a knob for focusing / zoom control (cheaply available
from Ikelite, or eg. ebay)
- 8" dome has a noticeble scratch on it. It will be visible in the pictures
under certain lightning conditions (mostly when shooting towards light/surface).
- Live view buttons spring has been getting weak and has had trouble releasing
the button at depth. Last time this occured on some other button, I eventually
had the housing serviced by Ikelite to get this behavior resolved.
Has had some great moments underwater with this housing. Below links to some footage shot with it:
URL: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=qwZ5ou-ADHI (California diving)
URL: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Aag3ZroGfWw (Socorro islands)
URL: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=JKcdJZRwVj8 (Iceland)