1 reply to this topic

#1 Benjamin_Alcocer

Benjamin_Alcocer

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:18 PM

Hey guys,

I'm strongly considering moving up from my current set-up (sony rx100ii & nauticam w/ 4" dome) to the sony a7ii. I already have an a7ii with a few lenses, one of which being the 16-35 f4. So my thought was to get a housing and larger dome (8-10"?) for the a7ii & 16-35.

I'd be curious to hear what everyone on here has to say about the various housings for the a7ii, what lenses you prefer and why, and just your general experience and opinions about the a7ii for use as an U/W body? All info is appreciated!

Thanks!

#2 mt-m

mt-m

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:42 AM

I use my A7II with Nauticam housing, n100-n120 35.5mm adapter ring with focus knob, 50mm extension ring and 180mm glass dome. This setup works well for both 16-35mm f/4 and 24-70mm f/4. I prefer using the 24-70 as the 24mm is wide enough for my uses and I like having the longer option.

Last year I used a Meikon plastic housing with a flat port - the housing performed well, but the flat port (the only option available back then, now they also offer an acrylic dome port) only accepted the 24-70mm lens and only at the wide end, no zoom control.