Photo

Member introductions

• Please log in to reply
2059 replies to this topic

#2021 TimG

TimG

Sperm Whale

• 2232 posts
  • Interests:Sunlight reefs, warm seas and fine wine. And Manchester City Football Club - English Premier League Champions (again) for 2017-18

Posted 01 November 2018 - 10:40 PM

Hi, I'm Jesper.

I am an Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) engineer situated in Denmark. In my daily job I am focused on the applications of artificial intelligence and computer vision. I am here to seek knowledge of camera/lens settings and operations underwater since this is a new world for me.

Wow, this sounds very cool!

Tim
(PADI IDC Staff Instructor and former Dive Manager, KBR Lembeh Straits)
Nikon D500, Nikkors 105mm and 8-15mm, Tokina 10-17mm,  Subal housing

http://www.timsimages.uk
Latest images: http://www.shutterst...lery_id=1940957

#2022 tlgerdes

tlgerdes

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 11:43 AM

Hey,

Trevor from Australia. Long time lurker, finally decided to join up. Been diving for 2 years. Been playing with a compact uw for a while, now looking to step up the game into a Canon mirrorless.

#2023 raffie04

raffie04

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 01:07 PM

Hello, I'm just beginning to get into more serious underwater photography while scuba diving and freediving.

#2024 webrix

webrix

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 07:03 AM

Hi there,

Sandro here from Zurich. 

I'm looking forward to up my game in u/w photography and this forum looks like a good place to start.

#2025 carochechi

carochechi

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 04:05 PM

Hi! I am also new!

#2026 Taxatxu

Taxatxu

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:41 PM

Hi, I am Sergio. I am a very passionate underwater photographer and I find very interesting some of the topics of this forum.

#2027 Chopcat

Chopcat

Starfish

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:architecture,hot rods,choppers, flying,woodworking

Posted 10 November 2018 - 12:01 AM

Morning. Or at least it is here....
Im new here, as you might have guessed

Im just starting out underwater having been a land based amateur for ages. I have stuck with my tg5 for my starter uw kit being a big oly fan. Although i am not too confident yet to take the em1ii down yet.

Im off to learn from Adam in acouple of weeks so hopefully we will have some nice shots to post.

Trevor

#2028 ddarek

ddarek

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:29 AM

Hi,  Starting again with underwater photography, hoping to explore the new MFT format.

Darek

#2029 RobertoHurko

RobertoHurko

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:30 AM

Hi Im Roberto from Mexico !

regards

#2030 Jarska

Jarska

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:27 AM

Hi

I'm Jari from Finland. Been photographing above the surface for over 25 years and underwater for a few now. Decided to join in to get more peer contacts. Looking forward to diving into the contents!

#2031 logzz

logzz

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 12:23 PM

Hi

Logan from New Zealand, use to have a nuaticam housing taken some great shots down here in New Zealand and around the islands have followed here for some time and decided to join up

#2032 Playapixie

Playapixie

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 01:26 PM

Hi, Im Dawn from Seattle, WA, USA. Getting ready to spend a month in Indonesia in February with a week liveaboard in Raja Ampat! Madly researching an upgrade from my trusty Canon S120 (RIP.)

#2033 thegrandpoohbah

thegrandpoohbah

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 08:46 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am a relatively new diver currently living in Terrace, BC, Canada. I've been into photography for years and my current above water kit consists of a Canon 6D, 24-105mm f/4, 70-200mm f/2.8 IS Mk II, 50mm f/1.4 and 100mm f/2.8 Macro. 

The current underwater rig is a Canon S95 in a canon housing. I am in the process of upgrading that to a Sony RX100VA in a Fantasea housing with an Inon S-2000 strobe and a Big Blue Black Molly 3 video light mounted to an Ultralight TR-D tray.

kyzKkW5.jpg

88S0UYD.jpg

#2034 gjaggear

gjaggear

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 09:23 AM

Hey, I'm Greg. I grew up on the water in the Gulf Coast of Florida, and during college had the opportunity to travel the world taking landscape photos. I'm looking forward to diving in to underwater photography and bringing some of my new found photo skills back home to the gulf. 

#2035 DaveD2001

DaveD2001

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 01:32 PM

Hi!
Originally from the UK, spent the last 10 years diving/travelling around Asia, now living in the Caribbean.
Recently started delving into the world of underwater photography and rather enjoying it.. looking to upgrade my very basic dslr package 😊

#2036 clarko

clarko

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 01:01 PM

Hi, I currently live in beautiful Kelowna in the interior of BC Canada.

But NOT into cold water diving... did enough of that in Scotland to last a lifetime... actually, make that a couple of lifetimes!

#2037 Beckhamiq

Beckhamiq

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 08:04 AM

Hi,

I am a diver from Singapore.

Going to be a new DM.

#2038 AGBDiver

AGBDiver

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 06:07 PM

I've been diving for 40 years and started photography about 15 years ago with a Canon point and shoot. Unfortunately, the housing was so big and bulky that it required extra luggage to bring it along on overseas trips. I lost interest and bought a Go Pro to do video but missed the macro photography. Going back to my old system a few months back but the lens mechanism jammed and decided since it was such an outdated system I would start over with a new camera.  I choose the Sony a6000 and am now looking for recommendations on housing, lens, and other equipment. I developed my own film years ago and love the instantness of digital. Doing two major trips next year to Antartica and Galapagos, so want to het the equipment now to start working with it.

#2039 memecs

memecs

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 08:45 PM

Hi all!

Newbie here, just came back from my first underwater photography trip in Baja California! Looking to buy some used gear! 

#2040 Lucid

Lucid

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 06:20 PM

Hi All,

I've been diving for a little while but just started taking underwater photos. Took a TG4 to Raja Ampat and got some nice photos but looking to learn more on how to improve these for future dives. 

I also shoot with an Sony a6000 on land so trying to work out if I upgrade the mirrorless kit or if I upgrade the current TG4 setup