No replies to this topic

#1 buddy

buddy

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Interests:diving, photography, golf

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:35 AM

I used the opportunity during the boot show last weekend to quickly test the new subtronic flash guns with iTTL. For that I have brought my D2X and the Subal housing to the Subtronic booth. 2 of the new flash guns (maxi, midi) equipped with the Heinrich's converter were mounted (TTL plugged within the Subal) and made a few test shots on full TTL-setting (camera was on manual). Seemed to work quite well despite the low lighting within the hall. But check the lighting on the main portrait subject using various apertures (f2.8 till f16, time was 1/90 sec, ISO 100). The master flash was connected to the Subal housing on the Nikonos 5 pin hotshoe, and the second flash was connected to the master flash using the analogue connector on both flash guns (with a regular uw cable, Nikonos 5 pins on both sides). There was no time and opportunity for a serious testing, therefore this is just an indication. However, I have ordered 2 new Nova's since my old flash guns are anyway obsolete... Also, the new detachable battery system is quite nice IMO since it takes away any headaches on the airports when travelling...
P.S. all pictures were taken in RAW and from there converted in JPEG's using Capture One. No adjustments for exposure or WB were done.
Regards, Juerg

Attached Images

• Subtronic_f2.8.jpg
  • Subtronic_f8.jpg
  • Subtronic_f11.jpg
  • Subtronic_f16.jpg

Juerg
www.jvpictures.com
Nikon D4s, Nikon 16-35 /f4 VR II, 70-180,105mm f/2.8, Subal ND4 housing and ports, 2 Subtronic Fusion (flash and video lights), Sigma 15mm /f2.8, Subal 4" Minidome