#1 vkalia

vkalia

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:15 AM

Hi guys -

Can someone let me know the following about the :

- Is it possible to use back button AF on the Nauticam housing for this camera, and if so, is the button at an ergonomically sensible location?

- Does the Nauticam housing allow direct movement of the AF point (IE, without needing to press any button)

- Any unexpected gotchas or other issues with usability as far as this housing goes?

TIA!

Sent from my BBF100-6 using Tapatalk

DIVEIndia - Dive the Andaman Islands
Instagram:  @vanditkalia

7D, Aquatica case, Inon 45 degree finder, 2 Inon Z240s, Stix arms, Tokina 10-17FE, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 50 macro, Canon 100 macro and Macromate 2x macro adapter

#2 tursiops

tursiops

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:05 PM

Hi guys -
Can someone let me know the following about the :
- Is it possible to use back button AF on the Nauticam housing for this camera, and if so, is the button at an ergonomically sensible location?
- Does the Nauticam housing allow direct movement of the AF point (IE, without needing to press any button)
- Any unexpected gotchas or other issues with usability as far as this housing goes?
TIA!
Sefnt from my BBF100-6 using Tapatalk

I have the Mk1. I assume they are similar.
Yes, the thumb button normally to start video can be reprogrammed to be focus. Very conveniently located. Moving the AF point involves several button pushes.

#3 vkalia

vkalia

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:49 PM

I have the Mk1. I assume they are similar.
Yes, the thumb button normally to start video can be reprogrammed to be focus. Very conveniently located. Moving the AF point involves several button pushes.

Thanks for that.

Re AF switches - I assume you use the direction arrows to move the AF point around. But is it direct access, or do you have to press another button to engage "AF point shift mode" first?

(Hope I am phrasing myself coherently. On the road and in time zone hell)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

DIVEIndia - Dive the Andaman Islands
Instagram:  @vanditkalia

7D, Aquatica case, Inon 45 degree finder, 2 Inon Z240s, Stix arms, Tokina 10-17FE, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 50 macro, Canon 100 macro and Macromate 2x macro adapter

#4 bvanant

bvanant

Sperm Whale

• Team Wetpixel
  • 1903 posts
  • Interests:Science, photography, travel

Posted 16 October 2018 - 07:53 AM

it is direct access

Bill
Canon 7d, Nauticam, Lots of glass, Olympus OMD-EM5, Nauticam, 60 macro, 45 macro, 8 mm fisheye, Inon, S&S, Athena Strobes plus lots of fiddly bits.
www.blueviews.net