4 replies to this topic

#1 bmorescuba

bmorescuba

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:Critter ID, Pit Bull Rescue

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:07 PM

Anyone know where I can pickup a couple Sea & Sea Ball Mount Strobe Adaptors? (their spelling, not mine)

To be clear exactly what I'm talking about, here's an image from the manual and one installed.

For the life of me, I can't find a place to buy this. Perhaps the search words are too generic - Sea, Ball, Mount...

Thanks!

sea-sea-ball-mount.jpg

sea-sea-ball-mount-2.jpg

Brian Cole | Flickr Sets

#2 Kraken de Mabini

Kraken de Mabini

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Interests:UW photography, travel, carpentry, gardening, biology, medicine, physics, design & build UW custom gizmos

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:52 AM

Hi, try eBay:

https://www.ebay.com...graphy&_sacat=0

Good luck!

#3 bmorescuba

bmorescuba

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:46 PM

So close, but not quite there. Those are more like Sea & Sea 22119 (https://www.bluewate...all-mount-22119). Those have a completely flat bottom, whereas the piece that attaches to the strobe directly and replaces the normal YS adapter has a raised ridge to fit into an indentation. But thanks - I'll scour Ebay some more.

Brian Cole | Flickr Sets

#4 tursiops

tursiops

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:55 AM

I've been looking for the OTHER attachment, the YS-mount to Sea&Sea. I'm using the balls now, but I'm wondering if I can eliminate a couple of clamps by going YS at the strobe end. Cannot find the YS mount either. Used or new. 

#5 bmorescuba

bmorescuba

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:07 PM

I've been looking for the OTHER attachment, the YS-mount to Sea&Sea. I'm using the balls now, but I'm wondering if I can eliminate a couple of clamps by going YS at the strobe end. Cannot find the YS mount either. Used or new. 

If you have any luck tracking them down, let me know. I'd be willing to trade for the ball mounts. I have 2 of the YS mounts that are unused. I previously used the YS mounts, but I found that the screw part was always subject to a lot of buildup (even after rinsing), so I prefer the direct ball mounts. 

Brian Cole | Flickr Sets