WTB: d2x housing, preferably complete.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dspphoto

dspphoto

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Dachshunds, Snowboarding, warm water, travel.

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:05 AM

I'm looking to house my d2x. I know I'm a little behind the curve, I've always been a late bloomer. If you're moving on up to a d700 or whatever, and looking to get rid of your old kit, please PM me. The more complete the better, strobes and arms, ports, etc. There are a couple of used options on reef photo but I thought I'd take a look around here first.

Thanks.

Dano
"If you're going through hell,keep going." - Winston Churchill

danopendygrasse.com

#2 Kilili

Kilili

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:13 AM

I don't think of the D2x as "being behind the curve". I've been using one in a Subal housing for 6 years now, and it's a damn fine, nearly bulletproof, camera. Built to last, not like the consumer class cameras.

New housings cost more and it's a big box, but with its battery you can shoot 3,000+ images without ever opening the housing. No more difficult to get neutral than any other camera. As for its size, I don't that really matters. It becomes part of you. like your tank and such.

I'm looking to house my d2x. I know I'm a little behind the curve, I've always been a late bloomer. If you're moving on up to a d700 or whatever, and looking to get rid of your old kit, please PM me. The more complete the better, strobes and arms, ports, etc. There are a couple of used options on reef photo but I thought I'd take a look around here first.

Thanks.

Dano

Edited by Kilili, 23 August 2010 - 10:14 AM.

Ken
Kilili Studios
ken@kilili.com

Nikon D2x with Subal ND2, and all that other stuff

#3 underwaterparadise

underwaterparadise

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:56 PM

Thanks.

Dano

If you check out this link http://www.uwpmag.com/Classifieds.html and scroll down to the bottom, someone is selling a D2X Aquatica housing..

#4 scorpio_fish

scorpio_fish

Orca

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1415 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:05 PM

I have a complete Subal system for a D2X. It has not been in the water since a complete $800+ servicing. It includes a GS180 viewfinder.

Let me figure up a price tonight.
"Me, fail English?.........Unpossible!"

#5 dspphoto

dspphoto

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Dachshunds, Snowboarding, warm water, travel.

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:02 PM

I don't think of the D2x as "being behind the curve". I've been using one in a Subal housing for 6 years now, and it's a damn fine, nearly bulletproof, camera. Built to last, not like the consumer class cameras.

New housings cost more and it's a big box, but with its battery you can shoot 3,000+ images without ever opening the housing. No more difficult to get neutral than any other camera. As for its size, I don't that really matters. It becomes part of you. like your tank and such.

Don't get me wrong, I love the camera and believe that there is something really special about the image quality at low ISO. It's just been out for awhile and I know lots of folks get excited about all the new gear. I'm not one of those guys.

Thanks for the PM's and I look forward to hearing from you Scorpio_fish.

D.
"If you're going through hell,keep going." - Winston Churchill

danopendygrasse.com