3 replies to this topic

#1 Jetor

Jetor

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:39 AM

Hello everybody.
Next November probably I will go to the red sea. I would like to ask for your advice, I have a olympus em1 mark ii with 60mm, 12/40, and 8mm. Witch lens do you think will be the best for this trip, if you think I need another one please tell it. Many thanks

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

#2 pooley

pooley

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:27 AM

Hello everybody.
Next November probably I will go to the red sea. I would like to ask for your advice, I have a olympus em1 mark ii with 60mm, 12/40, and 8mm. Witch lens do you think will be the best for this trip, if you think I need another one please tell it. Many thanks

Hi jetor,

I've been to the red sea a few times in November so may be able to help, but you need to tell us which trip you're going on or if land based where are you staying.
There is a lot of variety - what are your main interests?

Mike

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

#3 Jetor

Jetor

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:46 AM

Thanks for your answer, is a boat trip, basically we will be in Thistlegorm, Tiran, Ras Mohammed.

#4 pooley

pooley

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:06 PM

Unless you are major into macro stuff, I'd recommend the 8mm and the 12-40 for that trip.

That should cover the scenic shots and most of the regular fish life - morays turtles blue spot stingrays stonefish etc and the reef fish.

There is plenty of macro life if you look hard but it's not macro based like lembah for example.

Water temperature will be nice but it's often windy back on the boat so make sure you have a couple of warm tops available

Mike

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk