#1 chipi

chipi

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 12:23 PM

Hey guys

Need a word of advice.

I have Nikon D700 in Sea&Sea housing and using 250s through optical cable.

Now, I want to switch to wired cable and skip converter since really just need manual mode and not interested in TTL.

But, when I connect everything, flash indicator is blinking on camera's top screen and it does not want to fire.

Did I messup some wiring inside housing or I need to make some adjustments to wiring since skipping converter.

I see that d800 inside nauticam on 250s works with just cables out of box.

Cheers,
Marko

#2 chipi

chipi

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:35 PM

Problem solved through using excellent article at http://reefphoto.com/kb.php?id=58on how to troubleshoot strobes wiring. Solution was to leave only 2 relevant pins on hot show connector.

#3 SwiftFF5

SwiftFF5

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Interests:Water Rescue (Public Safety Diving) - yeah, I'm a mud crawler.

Posted 13 July 2016 - 03:12 AM

I'm glad it worked out for you, and thanks for sharing the solution.  Reef Photo definitely have some useful articles on their website, and are good people to deal with.

Canon Vixia HF-S30, L&M Bluefin Pro
Public Safety Diver

#4 chipi

chipi

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:47 PM

On another note, or as some of us would say in Post Mortem, when I fixed the wiring I noted that out of 2 bulkheads I had, 1 was wired for TTL with all 5 wires and anothe rone was wired for manual with 2 wires only. When I was installing leak detector, i took out bulkhead with ... 2 wires, so actually with little luck it could all work out of box if I new in advance how wiring is done inside housing.