Photo
- - - - -

SE England/Essex photography training pool?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 swgdesign

swgdesign

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:55 AM

I once read about a swimming pool which was partly dedicated to divers being able to practice underwater photography. It had a rather large fake reef and other things in the water to photograph, but I can no longer find 1 piece of information on it.

I thought it was somewhere towards Essex.

Does anyone know the pool I am referring to OR any other training pool where I can take a new setup to get accustomed to?

Many thanks

Simon

#2 bobdob

bobdob

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:10 PM

I think this is the place you mean. It used to be used by Steve Warren for his Inon UK photography courses.

http://www.actionund.../contact_us.htm

#3 swgdesign

swgdesign

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:56 AM

Maybe...It looked really good when I found it about 5-7 years ago, and with the new setup I intend to buy I would like to go practice somewhere similar.

#4 johnohuk

johnohuk

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:57 AM

I belong to a club over in Amersham that has access to 3.8m depth diving pool, i'm in most weeks practising with kit.. i'm sure we can come to an arrangement. You'd have to bring your own subjects which is what I do.

#5 DDT uk

DDT uk

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:46 AM

The place that you are thinking of is the Underwater Studio is Basildon. Steve Warren used to hire it out with his own reef etc. A word of warning though, it is not cheap and without Steve you will probably need to bring reef.

You are far better finding a local private school that hires out their pool or joining a dive club that has a pool night.

The pool that I use in Surrey costs £23 ph which is probably less than 1/3 of the cost in Basildon.