Sony NEX-5n Aquatica Sola

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DanInSoCal

DanInSoCal

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Underwater photography (duh!), in addition to scenic, nature, portrait, and landscape photography. I am also a karate instructor, professional scientific software developer, and father of a one-year-old daughter. So, I am also busy.

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:36 PM

I am selling a Sony NEX-5N interchangeable-lens mirrorless camera in an Aquatica housing. Included are:

- NEX-5N camera with battery, charger, and kit 17-55mm equivalent lens

- Aquatica AN-5N housing with the matching plexiglass dome port, double handles, and extended shutter release

- Sola 600 white/red focus light with two chargers

- Various accoutrements -- extra O-rings, some boxes, a strobe cable for an Inon strobe if you want it

Paid ~$2500, asking $1100 OBO. Please don't low-ball me, but reasonable offers will be considered.

This is a fantastic starting kit for someone getting serious about underwater photography. The camera is small and lightweight, and takes excellent detailed images. It's also a great land camera, for that matter. You can purchase any number of E-mount lenses and compatible Aquatica ports, in particular, a highly rated macro lens is available. This package does not come with any strobes, I cannibalized the strobe I had been using, onto my new setup.

Why did I get rid of this? I moved up, basically, to a more capable setup at, of course, a much higher price point. Such is life.

This kit is impeccably maintained. The only deficit is a few small scratches on the dome, which are only visible when you shoot straight up into the sun.

Does not come with the scorpionfish. This is a 100% crop to show the detail the camera is capable of.

Attached Images

• OldCamera-20170528-001.jpg
  • OldCamera-20170528-002.jpg
  • OldCamera-20170528-003.jpg
  • Example.jpg

Edited by DanInSoCal, 04 September 2017 - 12:38 PM.

Underwater Gallery

Canon 30D / Ikelite housing / DS-160 strobe / 18-55IS and 100 macro lenses
Plus lots of old pics taken with Canon A710IS in a Canon housing

#2 mgersh

mgersh

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:46 AM

PM Sent

#3 mgersh

mgersh