• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ickledevil

ickledevil

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 08:43 AM

Hi anyone who has seen my other threads will know im considering buying a cheapish set up to take some pictures of my freediving and spearfishing exploits. I dive almost exclusively in the UK aside from my occasional holidays so water is generally green murky and full of particulates although despite beliefs otherwise occasionally we do get nice clean water with good viz! Anyway back to the point im now thinking of an olympus Sp350 and PT030 housing. I know enough to know any photos i take are likely to be green and dark and generally pretty naff without lighting of somekind so what are the suggestions? Bearing in mind im on a tight budget so cheap is good, as is small and light (freediving and huge weight/size dont mix) and im after photos for my own and familys enjoyment but a system i can learn and grow with without shelling out on new gear six months down the line.. if anyone here dives in the UK and has similar setups and pictures they can post then please do! Thanks Joe

#2 Jolly

Jolly

Lightning Kraut

• PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 09:50 AM

Hi Joe,

I would start to figure out what your future strobe has to cover. What kind of shots do you have in mind? Close-up / macro stuff with the camera’s build in lens? Or do you want to shoot extreme wideangle stuff (getting close to compensate bad visibility at your diving location)?

This could already sort out some solutions.

Julian
| Canon 5D II / Sealux | 2x Ikelite DS-125 | ULCS |