Photo
- - - - -

Eeeek! YSD2 only fires full strength and can't dial it down!

YSD2 Strobe strobe power fault problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Pink Tank Scuba

Pink Tank Scuba

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 03:54 AM

My YSD2 did the usual blinking lights deal and went overseas for 3 months for repair. Was working great until this week when it now ONLY fires at full strength. Dialling the power down does nothing. Do I need to banish it to another country again for repairs or is this something I can fix easily? Frustrated by seemingly endless reliability issues ... please help!

I should add, I've swapped out the batteries and fibre optic cable to no effect. And I'm having the same issue across 2 different cameras and housings. 

Edited by Pink Tank Scuba, 08 March 2018 - 03:56 AM.

#2 bwinner01

bwinner01

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:34 PM

Thought rather than starting a new thread I would just tack this on or you may know. Just sent my 1 year old YSD2 out for repair after all of 20 dives for something similar. Would strobe and occasionally beep when powered up on the surface. Then after a couple shots would not fire at all on the dive. Hoping Sea & Sea will cover it as it's just out of warranty. Any answer to the reason this happens also appreciated. Good luck! Should have kept my Ikelites

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: YSD2, Strobe, strobe power, fault, problem