• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2845 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 19 January 2008 - 11:22 AM

I finally got off my kester and installed the Stage 6 stuff. They said I needed to encode using their Dr. Divx software which I then downloaded to my Mac. Clicked on it after the install and a message came up saying it was the wrong codec version even tho I had downloaded the latest. Any guesses with this stuff?
Steve B)

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#2 pakman

pakman

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1102 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 12:19 AM

Steve, do you have the latest Dr. Divx? They finally came up with an update in Dec to work with their latest codec 6.8.

http://labs.divx.com/DrDivX

edit: looks like they have another Dr. Divx update 2.0.1, but can't seem to find what has changed in this latest release.

Edited by pakman, 20 January 2008 - 12:21 AM.

#3 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2845 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:38 AM

Yep, I installed the Dr. DivX 2.01 but when I clicked on it a message came up and said that it was not the right codec. I posted on the DivX forum and got a few answers that said, yep, it is a bit screwed up. Just deleted the entire thing. Oh well, I was hoping to post some films up because I hate the look of You Tube.
Steve B)

www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
steve-sharksdelight@cox.net

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.