Photo

Newbie Must Read: What new system did you just buy?

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#161 Craneguy

Craneguy

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Boating diving photography

Posted 18 November 2016 - 10:29 AM

Have been shooting with a canon elph in an underwater housing for a couple of years, mostly wreck diving, reefs, etc. , going diving with sharks in June 2017 so I Just bought a used Aquatica housing for my Canon 5d Mkii and grabbed two used ikelite 125 lights for short money as well. Housing came with focus ring for 100 f 2.8, a 1.4 converter and a zoom gear for 17-40 f4 , need to get the arms, ttl cords as well as dome and port dependent on which wide angle I grab, between the 17-40 and the 16-35 f2.8 II any suggestions? Other than eBay and the forums here are there any other good used equipment sites ? Am hoping to finish out my build and take on a cruise in the Caribbean next month to "play" with it and learn what I can prior to June. Visibility where I live is 12 feet on a good day so not a great comparison to the carribean unless I tag along with the local dive shop while they do there open water pool time for new divers lol.

#162 Francesea

Francesea

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 04:55 PM

Happy Newbie here! I can post pix, but really I am hoping to learn how to improve them.

#163 jacqueline.vandewalt

jacqueline.vandewalt

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 04:08 AM

Hi I am Jackie. I have been playing around with the DC1400 but I enjoy macro work. I bought a canon g1x mark 2 with a canon housing and use two canon strobes. Thanks to everyone sharing their experience and tips !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#164 asthecrowflys

asthecrowflys

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:33 AM

Hi all,

i have just invested in an Olympus MD E M1 MII, a Nauticam housing with wide angle, macro and power zoom and Inon Z 240 strobe. I have the camera but wont get the housing and rest until mid February, really looking forward to getting it wet in Fort Lauderdale

#165 Jukkis

Jukkis

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:46 PM

Canon 6D with Sea & Sea

#166 Ninelinegoby

Ninelinegoby

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 02:34 PM

Hello all, I'm new to the forum. I've been shooting with a TG4 and just made the jump to a mirrorless. My new rig is
EM1 Mark ii
Oly 60 mm macro
Nauticam housing and port
Oly UF L 3 strobes
Counting the days till I get to play with it. 2 weeks on bonaire in july

#167 StruttinWolf

StruttinWolf

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:17 AM

Just bought a Canon G7X in a Fantasea housing.  Now I'm in the market for strobe(s) and a tray.

#168 rmeinicke1

rmeinicke1

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:09 PM

Hi, my initial upgrade from the gopro hero 3+ black was to the hero 5. Since then I have purchased a canon g7x mk2 , a nauticam housing and recently a secondhand sea and sea ys1 strobe . Hoping to get some decent pics in the future . Any tips tricks would be appreciated ! Just beginning the real underwater photography playground !

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

#169 jamaeolus

jamaeolus

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:22 PM

Hi folks brand new to serious underwater photography. I am a moderately skilled amateur land camera photographer, mostly things (not people) and mostly using ambient light. I am going to the tropics to do some diving. I am the proud new owner of a Meikon housing for my A7ii (which I have had since shortly after Sony released it). I am using a Howshot tray and Howshot 2400LM light and Sea and Sea YS-D2 flash via Sync cable. I am new to serious flash equipment as my experince previously had been built in on camera flash. I am puzzled as to what settings to use on camera and on flash unit. When set to Auto (camera) and auto camera flash setting with YS-D2 set to TTL my tests are all way overexposed even at the lowest settings. Any help as to how to set up the camera and flash setting would be greatly appreciated.