SUPER @

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3849 posts
  • Interests:Sewing and Knitting......no diving of course :-)

Posted 09 February 2008 - 04:56 PM

If you are lucky enough to be using a PC you can get yourself this wonderful Open Source (Free) encoder. Its does many codecs and has many options.

You can download it from here, but be warned it takes some finding on the site. :wacko:
http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

It encodes out better flv files than Macromedia 8's encoder and so far is the best encoder I have come across and better than any commercial ones I have used. So much so that I am going to re encode my flv ones.

SUPER © "The Player" surpasses any known player by supporting just
any Multimedia file format. SUPER © plays files that cannot be played with
WMP or even MPC and VLC the advanced Libavcodec based players.
SUPER © also plays and saves Internet Media Streams of different
protocols ( mms:// rtsp:// http://)

SUPER © "The Encoder" is the fastest and simpliest tool to encode full
length movies to any other format without any time or function limitation.

NO trial or evaluation version of SUPER © but one unique
Free to download and Free to use fully working version.

SUPER © does NOT require any additional external codec to
be installed, absolutely nothing. Necessary codecs are built in!

super.jpg

Amphibico Phenom & EVO PRO & Navigator 900
Share Your Underwater Videos | www.flykam.com.au

#2 MikeVeitch

MikeVeitch

1.7kbps Manta Boy

• Senior Moderator
  • 6308 posts
  • Interests:Teaching Underwater Photography

Posted 09 February 2008 - 07:34 PM

thanks Wags, downloading now

that site is terrible!!!! I can't download from there as it doesn't like my Firefox.

Better to download from here: http://www.softpedia...ted/SUPER.shtml

Join us for an Underwater Photography Workshop in the Lembeh Strait at NAD Lembeh with Doug Sloss in 2018
Blog and Photo Archive/Portfolio Site www.mikeveitchblog.com
Learn underwater photography in the ultimate classroom, Bali! or join us on a trip www.underwatertribe.com and www.baliuwphoto.com

Join us for a trip in Indonesia in Komodo or Raja Ampat

#3 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3849 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 10:36 PM

Yep it took me a few goes till I worked out Firefox was not letting me download it so used IE in the end.
Good you found another link Mike.
It also has a player built in to the encoder.

Here is what I have found so far with it.
It uses the Sorenson H.263 codec to make the flv clips. :wacko:

I also downloaded the Flix Pro encoder, cranked it right up to make single pass @ 500kbps and that easily beat the Sorenson H.263 one I did in SUPER@
http://www.on2.com/index.php?365

SUPER makes very good H.264 QT files though and does many other formats.

Still the VP6 is not as good as VP7, but I think we have to wait abit till the codec gets around the place.

I'll load up this new 500kbps VP6 one to my video site and you can see for yourself.

#4 PCDiver

PCDiver

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:14 PM

I also used the Flix Pro encoder (the version that integrates into Edius) and it produces the best results.
What I really like is the folder watch option from Procoder. I just dump the Canopus files in one folder, configure Procoder and x hours later I have my FLV files (or whaterver format I want).
>>> Submerge Productions dedicated to technical diving

#5 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3849 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:14 AM

Is there a Flip Pro version that plugs into Edius?
I know their Vp7 ones does.

Anyhow here is a Flix Pro VP6 one out @ 500kbps.
http://hdvundersea.c...galoo-flv-test/

I'll do one using the Sorenson H.263 codec for flv at the same rate with SUPER@ next..

#6 PCDiver

PCDiver

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:21 AM

Is there a Flip Pro version that plugs into Edius?
I know their Vp7 ones does.

The flix pro exporter is a plug in for Edius. You'll find it under the QT export settings. Works brilliantly and great quality 2 pass encoding.
>>> Submerge Productions dedicated to technical diving

#7 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3849 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 12:29 AM

O there it is, On2 Flix Exporter... got it now.
I'll download and give it ago.

Straight out from the timeline is the way to go. :wacko:

#8 Liz Hanks

Liz Hanks

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 02:35 PM

If you are lucky enough to be using a PC you can get yourself this wonderful Open Source (Free) encoder. Its does many codecs and has many options.

I'm catching up on the latest threads after having been out of town for a bit... I just looked at the reviews for this encoder and one reviewer mentions potential problems. Here's a snippet:

There is only one downside to this program, and it can be a rather big one. Super is a front end for a myriad of utilities that actually do the work in the background. Meaning that when you install Super it puts a lot of other stuff on the computer. If you are someone who is fairly heavy into Audio/Video on the computer, this can mess with existing programs. Especially with codecs and such that get installed. When I install super video, it will interfere with AutoGK, it does over-write newer programs with older ones (eg. Avisynth), and on my personal system, it corrupts WMV and MPG playback.

That comment was a few builds older than the one in the current download, but I thought I'd post as a warning in case there are still issues with overwrites.

Cheers,

Liz

#9 wagsy

wagsy

Blue Whale

• Senior Moderator
  • 3849 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:09 PM

Good find Liz.

Then again there are many other programs that mess with your system like the latest NERO or Cyberlinks stuff and look what NORTONS does to your system. What about Adobes CS3 software now days...takes forever to install and puts stuff all over the place. They have done the same to Dreameaver now that they have taken over it. :blush:

If anyone has problems with SHARE@, I have a couple cool little tools that can get rid of any software from your system. :)

#10 TheRealDrew

TheRealDrew

Humpback Whale

• 2859 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:22 PM

What about Adobes CS3 software now days...takes forever to install and puts stuff all over the place. They have done the same to Dreameaver now that they have taken over it. :blush:

I have held off on the CS3 Suite for those reasons. Bummer to hear Dreamweaver is bloated out now. It is funny I used goLive way back when and preferred it over Dreamweaver then around DW 4 or so started preferring Dreamweaver. I have popped open goLive a couple of times in the CS2 suite and really do not care for it.

#11 Liz Hanks

Liz Hanks

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 05:22 PM

Good find Liz.

Then again there are many other programs that mess with your system like the latest NERO or Cyberlinks stuff and look what NORTONS does to your system. What about Adobes CS3 software now days...takes forever to install and puts stuff all over the place. They have done the same to Dreameaver now that they have taken over it. :blush:

True. I knew about the CS3 suite before I installed it though, and was happy to have a heads up (yeah, I know I should be using Edius, but that's a story for another day and another beer). Norton, I discovered the hard way and think I've finally managed to expunge it's naughty parts from my machine.

If anyone has problems with SHARE@, I have a couple cool little tools that can get rid of any software from your system. :)

Eeeeeeek. OK, you're officially not allowed anywhere near my poor fragile PC :)

Liz

#12 Nick Hope

Nick Hope

Sperm Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2249 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 12:29 AM

And the other thing Adobe have done with Dreamweaver is make it so it does not install on XP x64. This is literally the only porgram I can't get to run on this box now. The CS2 and CS3 versions do run nicely on 32-bit XP though. I had to go back to Dreamweaver MX2004 on my x64 box and I miss the newer features like background uploading etc..