• Please log in to reply
1982 replies to this topic

#321 Rob Featonby

Rob Featonby

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:55 AM

Hi , I've finally signed up after reading topics here for a long while.
Away back in the dark ages I used to shoot a nikon f801 and f601 in subal housings which I still have with the 105 macro , 28-85 and finally the 14 mm sigma using sb102and105 strobes .nowadays I'm using a d800 with the trinity plus other lenses topside , a v1 as the family adventure camera and just got an aw1 for underwater . I have not been good enough for Santa to house the d800 and add all the ancillary gear needed . I haven't dived for a long while but have snorkelled with the aw1 using the sb105 as a slave .
Regards
Rob
Currently shooting topside nikon d800 with lots of lovely glass , nikon 1 v1 10-30mm 30-110 mm ft1 adapter , underwater- nikon 1 aw1 11-27mm ,sb105 , mothballed - a couple of nikon f801 film bodies and subal housings with a variety of ports .

#322 dab

dab

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:34 AM

Hi all,

I've been shooting underwater video for some years but am now making the jump to still photography - looking forward to learning from the forum.

#323 Schouw

Schouw

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:33 AM

Hi.

I have been liking on this forum for years, but never posted anything. I have been doing UW-photography for 11 years. I started out with a Nikonos V, and have worked my way up to digital. I live in Norway, and love diving along our coast. When i'm not diving, I work as a researcher in biology.

#324 good-dougl

good-dougl

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:52 PM

Hello!

I'm an avid underwater photographer, and enjoy sharing my love for the sea with others.

I've been shooting since the Nikonos film days, and now love the power of digital SLR's and photo editing tools.

#325 evillaco

evillaco

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:40 PM

Hello-

I enjoy reading this forum. I'm a beach diver in California and recently upgraded to a compact camera for underwater photography. 

#326 elliottjessup

elliottjessup

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Scientific Diving, Documentaries, and Natural History Films

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:06 AM

Hello-

My name is Elliott, I work at a scientific institution... I currently shoot both a Sony RX100 II as well as a Canon 7D... I'm very interested in 4k! 

#327 DiverD

DiverD

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 05:50 PM

Hello!  My name is Dena Mintz.  I've just switched from Nikon D2X/Subal to a D800 in an Aquatica housing. 

#328 chuck.k

chuck.k

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:13 PM

Hello!! I am Chuck Keller and live in the Western mountains of Maine, USA. I was certified in 1962 and recertified in the 90's. Owned simple cameras over the years but want to get serious. I'm looking forward to meeting and corresponding with others who dive and photo.

#329 chuck.k

chuck.k

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:19 PM

Hi I'm Jonny, A Television Director from London and new to the world of underwater photography. We will be filming an underwater photography session in California on Saturday 30th July.

I would like to ask if anyone has any advice on where I would be able to Hire/Borrow underwater Housing for a Sony Alpha A55 camera to be used in our shoot? This would have to be from the San Diego area if possible.

And secondly, we are looking for a great underwater Photographer to give our pupil a short lesson (on land) and then take them snorkelling to take some pictures. Does this sound like something any of you in the California area would be interested in?

Many thanks for taking the time to read this, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

#330 chuck.k

chuck.k

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:22 PM

Hi Jonny, I'm Chuck Keller from Maine. Contact Backscatter in Calif. They rent the equipment you need.
I am diver/ TV actor. AFTRA/SAG. Many national credits. Good luck

#331 knightdive

knightdive

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:48 PM

Underwater videographer wanting to sell Sony EX1 with extras, plus Gates Underwater housing with Super wide Angle at give away price, Urgent sale. All gear in mint condition. Will ship anywhere :)

#332 JSatoshi

JSatoshi

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Outdoor wildlife photography in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:00 AM

Hi folks!

My name is Jason Ching.  I primarily shoot salmonids in streams in Alaska and Washington, something a little different, but extremely fun!  Looking forward to picking peoples brains!

#333 John123

John123

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:34 PM

Hello everyone!

My name is John and I'm from Tallahassee. I look forward to learning and discussing with everyone.

Edited by John123, 11 April 2014 - 04:25 PM.

#334 Hollywoodivers

Hollywoodivers

Clownfish

• Industry
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Underwater Video and Stills, Selling Stock Images, Producing Underwater Segments, teaching Scuba and Dive Travel.

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:25 PM

Hi my Name is Hal Wells. I have been Reading the posts and news on WP for a while but have never participated. I am now moving into the 4k world with Black Magic Cinema Cam and I also have a Black Magic Pocket Cam in a Nauticam Housing that really works. I am looking for others who may be shooting with these or the Pany GH4. 

Get off the couch ! Enjoy life ! www.hollywooddivers.com
323 969 9666  :cake:

#335 DiveWild

DiveWild

Starfish

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Sharks ~ Tech Diving ~ Photography ~ Exotic Animals

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:26 PM

My name is Charlie Sammut, I live in Monterey California, USA where of course the great majority of my diving is in cold water. I've been diving since 1983 and am currently certified as a NAUI Dive Master/Rescue Diver and PADI and IANTD Tech Diver. In that time, I've played with photography on and off but play with it now more than ever. I am a professional wild animal trainer by trade therefore my true love and interest in the water is sharks although I've spent my fair share of days filming and photographing my fair share of smaller animals also. The majority of my diving is done in Florida, N.&S. Carolina, Monterey, Hawaii and Cozumel but I do my best to visit new places when life and $$$ allow.

I was brought to Wetpixel in the hope of finding someone wishing or willing to sell a Fisheye FIX G12 camera housing ~ that quest continues. If anyone is interested, I am very ready. All I need is the housing. I hope Wetpixel will be the avenue to help me achieve that wish. 

Charlie Sammut ~ Monterey, Calif. USA

charlie@visionquestranch.com

www.visionquestranch.com

#336 Adumbrate

Adumbrate

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 12:42 AM

Adding my touch to the long list of first posters here! 

#337 Peterz

Peterz

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:28 AM

hi I am Peter I am a disabled diver from Sydney Australia who is a fond passion for the underwater world. combined with this I like exploring the challenge of taking pictures of different critters and creatures in different in varying conditions.I also like travelling to different countries to see what they offer as well. observing other peoples images inspires me to aim for that ultimate perfection, it makes me question how did they achieve that in those conditions, the light and what were their light sources. I have been reading Wetpixel for a while

#338 SubSurfaceTech

SubSurfaceTech

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:58 PM

Hi All

Steve from Southampton UK with a passion for DIY dive gear - only just starting out with video, have made a couple of lights so if you would care to take a peak ?

http://subsurfacetec...icroProject.php

Ta

SubSurfaceTech

#339 john j

john j

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:50 AM

What's up chap's,

My name is john and looking to buy housing and lens ports for a Canon ESO 700 d .  

Little help PLEASE..

regards

j

#340 drevel72

drevel72

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

Greetings all.  I am in NJ and got into UW photography a few years ago.  I have just upgraded my system and housing.  I look forward to reading more on the forums and learning from experienced UW photographers.

Drew

Hoboken, NJ