• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 uzun

uzun

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 10:11 AM

Does anyone use the Panasonic f/1,7 15mm lens with a Nauticam Housing on their GH5 rig?  Does it work ok with the WWL-1 wide angle adaptor or would there be vignetting?  Nauticams port charts don't support using the Panasonic f/1.7 15mm with any port but I recall someone saying it worked well.

Would you use the Nauticam N85 Power Zoom Macro Port 29, and would you be able to put the WWL-1 on that port without any vignetting or other issues?

-Roger Uzun

#2 Lionfi2s

Lionfi2s

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 09:50 PM

Hi Roger

the combination of lens, port and WA lens works fine in GH5. No vignetting on video, minimal vignette on photos.

#3 lutfu

lutfu

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 11:53 AM

http://wetpixel.com/...showtopic=61987

I think this amazing movie shot by this set up

#4 dreifish

dreifish

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:46 AM

http://wetpixel.com/...showtopic=61987

I think this amazing movie shot by this set up

Parts of it were, though most of it was with the Olympus 14-42EZ, also in the 29mm macro port. The 17mm F1.7 is definitely sharper and doesn't vignette for video, but it's a bit limiting compared to the zoom in terms of sheer compositional possibilities. (And can't do macro that well if you swap out the WWL-1 for a diopter). 

I dunno if I would recommend buying it as your sole underwater lens, but if you already have it (I had it for the Inspire 2) and already have the 29mm or 35mm flat ports for use with one of the kit zooms, it's a nice option for when you want maximum image quality and don't care so much about the zoom flexibility. 

#5 uzun

uzun

Triggerfish

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:31 PM

I already have the Panasonic 14-42mm I use for all my shooting now, with the WWL-1 and Diopters as needed.  I am thinking about when I know I'm shooting sea lions, seals, sharks etc at some depth, the faster lens would be helpful.

#6 dreifish

dreifish

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 01:50 AM

Yeah, if you're not too worried about extreme corner performance, you can get pretty usable results with the 17mm even at F2 behind the WWL-1, IMO. The extra two stops of light are quite useful at depth or when it's overcast or early/late in the day to keep your ISO below 800.

#7 Interceptor121

Interceptor121

Sperm Whale

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1849 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 04:52 AM

I think prime lenses have a lot of benefits compared to a complex zoom lens but for video I really like to have a zoom.
For sharks you will find that unless you have schools you are more likely to prefer a zoom lens
I am about to test the leica 12-60mm behind a dome port soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check my video, pictures and blog

YouTube Channel

Flickr Sets

Blog