• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 seadweller

seadweller

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:43 PM

I have just finished writing my trip report on my oceanic white tip expedition with Jim Abernethy. As always is the case with Jim and the crew of the Shearwater the trip was a blast. For full trip report and pics please check my blog.

http://seanhavas.com/blog/?p=609

#2 gina

gina

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:35 AM

I have just finished writing my trip report on my oceanic white tip expedition with Jim Abernethy. As always is the case with Jim and the crew of the Shearwater the trip was a blast. For full trip report and pics please check my blog.

http://seanhavas.com/blog/?p=609

Oooh, sounds like it was a wonderful trip! You've got some very nice photos that make me long for going out on another one of Jim's trips. Although, I sadly can't help but wonder if the fishermen were the cause of the makos not being at the buoy.

-Gina

#3 seadweller

seadweller

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:37 PM

Oooh, sounds like it was a wonderful trip! You've got some very nice photos that make me long for going out on another one of Jim's trips. Although, I sadly can't help but wonder if the fishermen were the cause of the makos not being at the buoy.

-Gina

Thanks Gina. Jims trips are always a blast! In all honesty we did not stay long enough at that spot to definitively say that there are no makos there, just a few hours on one day. That being said, fishermen are the cause of makos not being in many places they used to be and unfortunately that is more than likely the case at this buoy as well.

#4 Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas

Humpback Whale

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2837 posts
  • Interests:filming/editing/exotic travel. l write reviews of editing software, books, tutorials and Mac based NLE related products for the www.kenstone.net and www.lafcpug.org sites as well as articles for Asian Diver Magazine and wetpixel. I am one of the founding members of the San Diego UnderSea Film Festival

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

Will definitely need to join one of Jim's excursions one of these days. Some very nice photos. Thanks for the report
Steve
www.kenstone.net
www.lafcpug.org

Steve Douglas
www.worldfilmsandtravel.com

I have worked as an unpaid reviewer for the editing websites since 2002. Most all hardware and software is sent to me free of charge, however, in no way am I obligated to provide either positive or negative evaluations. Any suggestions I make regarding products are a result of my own, completely, personal opinions and experiences with said products.

#5 seadweller

seadweller

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:13 AM

Will definitely need to join one of Jim's excursions one of these days. Some very nice photos. Thanks for the report
Steve

You definitely should. Thanks a lot.

#6 MATT S

MATT S

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:27 PM

Fantastic work. Sounds like a great trip
www.aquaseen.com

#7 TN DIVER

TN DIVER

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:Scuba Diving, U/W Photography, Sharks and fast cars!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:05 AM

Fantastic work. Sounds like a great trip

Great report and yes you are right all trips with Jimmy are exciting and adventurous! I have a spot left on my Shark and Dolphin Trip coming up in August!

Edited by TN DIVER, 23 June 2012 - 08:06 AM.

TN DIVER / Stevenandersonphotography.com