Hugyfot support parts

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 wbk

wbk

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Diving, diving.. and every so often diving and a little bit of photography thrown in.

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:17 AM

Anyone have any joy dealing with Hugyfot?

The circuit board for my Canon 5D mk11 housing has corroded, for the second time. They were answering emails but they sent me the wrong circuit board despite sending them 4 photos of it. The one they sent me out didn't even have the chip on it that had previously corroded and now ,unless I just use it with out the vaccum check, can not use my housing. You kind of get used to having that security of knowing it is not going to leak.

They accepted my money and sent the part out fast enough but now I am trying to get hold of them to get the correct part they are not answering any emails.. I have sent multiple emails to both Chris and Sven but get nothing back. To say it is annoying would be an understatement as it is now been 2 weeks, which is 2 weeks lost being able to take pictures.

Anyone else have the same experience with them? It is a real shame as I like their housings but with their support being this bad it is hard to imagine getting another one when I change my camera in a few months time.

Anyone know what the post sales support is like with Subal or Seacam?
Canon 5DMkII, Hugyfot, Inon Z240 MkIV's, 100mm f2.8L, 17-40mm f4L

#2 FanchGadjo

FanchGadjo

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:20 AM

I do not know Chris, nor Sven, but I am happy dealing with Pascal Eeckhoudt.

Maybe he can help you out. Sending you his contact in PM.

#3 scuba_d

scuba_d

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:photography

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:22 AM

I bought a second hand Subal housing couple of years ago and I took it apart and rebuilt  it.

Subal Austria sold me the full rebuilding kit and helped me out, even with a few pictures as a guidance, during the process.

They responded fast on my emails and I can highly recommend their customer service.

#4 ChrigelKarrer

ChrigelKarrer

Great Hammerhead

• PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:10 AM

I have 2 Hugyfot housings and use them from 2011 on.

I had several contacts wit Hugyfot and i always got a quick response and usefuls responses to my questions and i got always the pieces i needed.
Nor my D7000, nor my D800 housings had or have issues with corrosion, nor did they had any issues at all.

You may direct your emails directly to Pascal Eeckhoudt.

Chris

Nikon D800 + Sigma 15mm + Nikon 105mm Micro VR + Hugyfot Housing + 3 Inon Z-240 strobes + 2x2 8'' ULCS arms - Panasonic LX100 + Nauticam Housing + SubSea +10 diopter
Nikon D90 + Ikelite housing + Ikelite DS125 strobe (for sale) - Nikon D7000 + Hugyfot housing (for sale) 
Canon G1X + Canon OEM housing (sold) - Canon G12 + Patima aluminium housing  (for sale) - - Fuji E900 + Ikelite housing (for sale)
Visit My Costa Rica Website - Visit My Italy Website

#5 eyu

eyu

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:02 PM

I had corrosion in my printed circuit board of my Subal ND2 housing when I was shooting a D2Xs, but it was my fault.  A bit of salt water dropped on to the board when I opened the housing.  Since then I always carry a spare circuit board, hot shoe connector, bulkhead and have been more careful to prevent water drops from entering the housing.  Do you think some moisture is coming in contact with your board?

I live on the other side of the pond and I have had no big problems with getting parts or service in the States.  I use Reef Photo and they have been excellent.

Elmer

Nikon D800E, Subal ND800, Inon Z240, ULCS & Carbon Arms

#6 wbk

wbk

Lionfish

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Diving, diving.. and every so often diving and a little bit of photography thrown in.

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:14 AM

I am pretty careful with regards to letting moisture anywhere near the circuit board, especially as I had this problem already. I keep my housing stored with Silica sachets but I think that sadly it is just the downside of being somewhere with such high humidity.

They were fine with responding to emails when I contacted them and about sending the part out, it is just since I recieved it and found out that it was the wrong part that I can not get any response out of them. It may of only been about €140 or so, but it is all the lost photography time that is the most annoying.
Canon 5DMkII, Hugyfot, Inon Z240 MkIV's, 100mm f2.8L, 17-40mm f4L

#7 trimix125

trimix125

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:02 PM

Hi,
did you contact them directly or about a dealer?
I had troubles with support earlier, but that was because oft the dealer / area dealer who was a shame...

After that i heard that there was a change and it now should be better ( german area ).
Hugy fired the dealer, but had troubles because he was trying to keep the job......
So no contact directly....

Hopefully this times are passed now....

Try to get direct contact to Hugy belgium.

Regards,
Wolfgang

#8 Christian K

Christian K

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:05 AM

Pascal 's the man. Have used Hugyfot since 2009.

Always fast reply and quick delivery of spares.

Edited by Christian K, 10 September 2015 - 06:08 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hugyfot, support, parts