#1 diggy

diggy

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • Interests:U/W Photography

Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:53 PM

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any experience with shooting 360 degree underwater video ? And if so what are the best options ? 

There are some really expensive ones out there i know such as the Abyss but are there some that are reasonably priced and get decent footage ? I need to take some footage for a project.

Thanks for any advice and help.

Diggy

SERENE I FOLD MY HANDS AND WAIT,    FOR WHAT IS MINE WILL KNOW MY FACE

Diggy          http://www.scubadiggy.com/

Canon7D, Nauticam housing, mini and large dome, canon 100mm, canon 60mm, 10-17 tokina, macro ports, extensions, two inon Z240, Nauticam SMC converter, +3, +5 diopters. Two Sola 2000, One Sola 1200, Go Pro hero 3 Black 

#2 thetrickster

thetrickster

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:17 PM

Can't really help, but I'm currently looking at one for seeing what all the fuss is about so been seeing whats available (cheaply)

Kodak SP360 4K - Has underwater housing - but suffers from really bad sitiching underwater.

Ricoh Theta V - Just released, has decided underwater (30m) housing and from the example video, it appears there is no visible stitching. I'm off diving next week and if the housing was in-stock anywhere, I would probably of picked one up already.

Garim Virb360 - Waterproof (10m?) but suffers from awful sitiching, but has amazing stabilisation and data overlay functions.

Today (28th) I believe GoPro will be launching their Hero6 and Fusion cameras officially - and if they announce an underwater housing for the Fusion, that could be the camera to get, due to their proprietary sitiching

Regards, Richard

---

Camera Rig: Nauticam Lumix GH5/GH5s, 14-42mm II, WWL-1, Atomos Inferno, ScubaLamp V6K Pro Lighting

www.richardwait.com

#3 diggy

diggy

Manta Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • Interests:U/W Photography

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:59 AM

Thanks Richard,

Not much choice out there but go pro seems to be the one i guess. 

Diggy

SERENE I FOLD MY HANDS AND WAIT,    FOR WHAT IS MINE WILL KNOW MY FACE

Diggy          http://www.scubadiggy.com/

Canon7D, Nauticam housing, mini and large dome, canon 100mm, canon 60mm, 10-17 tokina, macro ports, extensions, two inon Z240, Nauticam SMC converter, +3, +5 diopters. Two Sola 2000, One Sola 1200, Go Pro hero 3 Black 

#4 thetrickster

thetrickster

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:09 AM

The main issue is that although they all label themselves 4K - thats 4K of resolution around the whole sphere, not of the current view the user is seeing - which is why this lower end rigs don't provide the clarity or vivid images of the more expensive multi camera rigs.

Yeah, will see what happens with the Fusion, as that should be the most supported one that comes to market.

Regards, Richard

---

Camera Rig: Nauticam Lumix GH5/GH5s, 14-42mm II, WWL-1, Atomos Inferno, ScubaLamp V6K Pro Lighting

www.richardwait.com