1495 replies to this topic

#1481 BrianWPB

BrianWPB

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 12:06 PM

Hey there,

I'm Brian from West Palm Beach.  Long time lurker here...now looking to sell some gear.

#1482 tjhall56

tjhall56

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:33 PM

Hi folks

I'm Tim Hall from Madison, Wisconsin. I've been diving for about 20 years but only recently have gotten involved with underwater photography, and that got me to Wetpixel. Now that I'm here, I have some reading to do to catch up.

#1483 RuudStelten

RuudStelten

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:48 PM

Hi all,

I am a maritime archaeologist living in the Dutch Caribbean. I'm looking forward to reading all about underwater photography on this forum.

#1484 hyp

hyp

Starfish

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 11:52 PM

Hi I'm Hyp, looking for advice on strobes.

#1485 Kimtw

Kimtw

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:53 AM

Hi all! Greetings from Amsterdam. Although I'll soon be moving to Pico on the Azores for half a year!

#1486 rwb500

rwb500

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:14 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm from Atlanta. Been taking photos while snorkeling and diving since I was about 10.  Just now getting serious with a housing and strobes.  I used to use underwater cameras and gopros.

#1487 CamGrant

CamGrant

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:52 PM

Aloha -- My name is Cam and I reside on the Hawaiian Islands. Avid freediver and still learning the art of underwater photography. Stoked to become apart of this community. Looking to further my knowledge and progress in my passion for underwater photography!

Still have a lot to learn but I have attached a link to website!

https://camgrantphotography.com/

Mahalo

#1488 maier

maier

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:18 AM

Hi there, CCR diver from Europe, shooting underwater with Gopro + LFM lights.

#1489 Midu

Midu

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:39 PM

Hi everybody, my name is Midu and I am a 30 year old diver from based in Los Angeles, CA. I am originally from Germany (half German, half Egyptian heritage). I am traveling internationally on a regular bases for my dive hobby and recently picked up underwater photography.

I use a Olympus OMD mirror-less camera with Olympus housing, looking to upgrade to Nauticam, and 2 Sea&Sea strobe lights.

I recently came back from Cabo San Lucas, Cozumel and the Bahamas where I used my camera to try out my new hobby.

Leaving for my Dive Master to Belize or Galapagos in the end of June.

Any questions?

#1490 wiindy

wiindy

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:31 PM

Hi there,

I'm trying to attempt to shoot underwater in a pool, would wanna learn more and research about getting to it.

From Singapore!

#1491 ocnadv

ocnadv

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:41 AM

Greetings,

I am a professional underwater photographer from the film age who has been dragged kicking and screaming into the digital age. I used to run dive operations and underwater photo centers in the Caribbean for many years but now am based in Southern CA.

I work as an expedition leader/guide on small expedition cruise ships around the world.

#1492 Misterflo

Misterflo

Hermit Crab

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:00 PM

Hi I am Florent from France.

I am currently managing a diving resort in Indonesia (Pulau Lembeh) and I am trying to learn UW photography :)

Cheers,

#1493 skir67

skir67

Damselfish

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:57 AM

Hi, I'm Pete from the not-so-sunny UK. I've got a lot of information from these forums in the past and figured I should finally join up so I can learn more. Just in the process of putting my first rig together for an upcoming trip to Thailand, so I have lots of questions!

#1494 mvbob

mvbob

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:22 AM

hi: i'm bob from lovely california. have been working for some time on improving my UW photo's. lots of useful tips here. good to join the group. off to malpelo later this summer. super-stoked.....

#1495 Tam

Tam

Sea Wasp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:51 AM

Hi there,

I am a diver from germany shooting (until recently) with Canon G10 in Patima housing and Inon Z-240.

I am planning on upgrading and hope to get some info from this forum.

You can find my pictures on tammo-photography.de

cheers

#1496 stmadsen

stmadsen

Brine Shrimp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Today, 08:23 AM

Hello, quick intro. 

Stephan, 41, Norway.  Been doing uw-video for many years, from the Sony-DCR VX1000 in housing from Aquavideo and Amphibico , to Sony PD100 (Gates) , then GoPros and Canon G11 in Ikelite, GoPros again, Hugyfot, before I last year jumped on the M4/3 train with the GH4/Nauticam, now using GH5 and Nauticam, and learning uw-photo on the fly .  Working in the LED-light industry on a professional level, and am using different video lights for different projects.  

Look forward to learn from the forum,  and all the skilled members out there, been lurking around for a while and picked up many tips, så finally i got my own user.  . :)

All the best,

Stephan 

Edited by stmadsen, Today, 08:25 AM.