Photo
- - - - -

Issues/Problem with Sea&Sea YS D2 Strobe?

YSD2 YS D2 YSD1 YS D1 issues YS D2 YS D2 Problems YS D2 will not fire

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 ianmarsh

ianmarsh

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:33 PM

Agree with all of the above

I purchased two YS-D2 strobes three months ago for a big upcoming trip. I am very apprehensive about even taking them... way to go Sea And Sea. What was I thinking?

Now they release a new version that is actually supposed to work properly. I agree. There should be a recall on all Black Sea and Sea YS-D2 and replace them with the new version, no questions asked.

I am toying with the idea of taking my old Nikonos SB-105 instead. I KNOW they work.

ian

#22 maelstrom

maelstrom

Moray Eel

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Diving, cycling, photography

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:08 AM

I have a trip coming up as well, but my one working(so far) YS-D2 is not going.  The problem is that Inon is no longer making the equivalent z-240.  This should be a golden opportunity for Retra to break into the market, but they are not shipping yet.  I decided to have my old Inon 240-zs refurbished.  They are over 10 years old with more than 1000 trouble free dives on them.  They have lost some power, which was the reason I am replacing them, but some power is better than none.  Backscatter tells me they should work like new after the refurbishment.

Edited by maelstrom, 05 October 2017 - 07:15 AM.

#23 tangfish

tangfish

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:44 PM

I bought a pair of Z-240s in a panic midway through a dive trip during which my Sea&Sea strobes failed. I’ve got to say, though they aren’t quite as bright at max power they have been rock solid dependable thus far.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: YSD2, YS D2, YSD1, YS D1, issues YS D2, YS D2 Problems, YS D2 will not fire