#1 Abucs

Abucs

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

Hi guys,

How often do you guys dive in a year?
I personally would go 3 to 4 trips a year just to satisfy my dive crave.
So what about you?

Cheers.
Planning for your dive trip again? Need an alternative site to look for your flights and hotels? Check this site out.

#2 SoulDiver

SoulDiver

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:travel, wilderness, new age, conspiracies, ET's, scuba diving on other worlds ;)

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:35 PM

I would love to do three or four a year, but unfortunately for me, it's more like one or two. Mind you, the 'dive trip' I did last year was a three month long dive and drive around Australia, taking in many of the best shore dives of the south and west coast. An incredible experience that mixed taking a dip with long days of driving through the arid inland. Highlights were- leafy sea dragons, cage diving with GWS, snorkelling with whalesharks, and videoing a goanna while it was foraging underwater at a mineral springs.

Perhaps the limiting function for me is cost. I am guessing there are some on this forum who would do a Forrest Gump line with having money...

..so then I got a call from him saying we don't have to worry about money no more, and I said "That's good. One less thing."

#3 ChrigelKarrer

ChrigelKarrer

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

about 300 Days a year....
Well i am a dive instructor and own 2 dive operations
Chris

Nikon D800 - Sigma 15mm - Nikon 105mm Micro VR - Hugyfot Housing - 3 Inon Z-240 strobes - 2x2 8'' ULCS arms

Canon G12 with Patima aluminium housing - Fuji E900 with Ikelite housing
Visit My Costa Rica Website - Visit My Italy Website

#4 troporobo

troporobo

Eagle Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:12 PM

About one weekend a month for me, averaging 5 dives per weekend. Also one or two full weeks of diving during the major holidays. I am fortunate enough to live within 2 hours driving time from Anilao . . .

#5 MortenHansen

MortenHansen

Sting Ray

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:28 AM

About 500 dives a year for the last 6 years.. The best thing about being a full-time Instructor Posted Image

-Morten

Edited by MortenHansen, 08 October 2012 - 04:36 AM.

#6 newmanl

newmanl

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

I average about 120-150 dives a year. That's a couple almost every weekend (local) and two modest dive vacations a year.

Lee

#7 Abucs

Abucs

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:11 AM

I would love to do three or four a year, but unfortunately for me, it's more like one or two. Mind you, the 'dive trip' I did last year was a three month long dive and drive around Australia, taking in many of the best shore dives of the south and west coast. An incredible experience that mixed taking a dip with long days of driving through the arid inland. Highlights were- leafy sea dragons, cage diving with GWS, snorkelling with whalesharks, and videoing a goanna while it was foraging underwater at a mineral springs.

Perhaps the limiting function for me is cost. I am guessing there are some on this forum who would do a Forrest Gump line with having money...

Three months long??? Amazing... I would definitely be the Forest Gump... lol... So apart from Australia, you do not dive elsewhere?

about 300 Days a year....
Well i am a dive instructor and own 2 dive operations
Chris

I bet you can already dive with your eyes close now...

About one weekend a month for me, averaging 5 dives per weekend. Also one or two full weeks of diving during the major holidays. I am fortunate enough to live within 2 hours driving time from Anilao . . .

Sweet.. mind recommending which dive center you often go? what's the cost like to dive like 5 times per weekend?

About 500 dives a year for the last 6 years.. The best thing about being a full-time Instructor Posted Image

-Morten

yeah... i would love that too... trying to get my DM and then perhaps I can start diving all year long too... lol...

I average about 120-150 dives a year. That's a couple almost every weekend (local) and two modest dive vacations a year.

Lee

Which part of Canada do you dive?
Planning for your dive trip again? Need an alternative site to look for your flights and hotels? Check this site out.