Photo
- - - - -

Booking Plane Tickets Within Indonesia & Paying With Foreign Credit/ATM Cards....

travel Indonesia websites flights traveloka nusatrip plane asia tickets booking

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Katy Laveck Foster

Katy Laveck Foster

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:42 AM

Hey Everyone - 

My husband and I have spent the last few years mainly in Indonesia and after quite a few hours lost to the hassle of trying to book domestic plane tickets online on sites such as Traveloka and pay with foreign creed cards, we decided to write up a quick article about what we have found on the different travel websites and what solutions we have found.  Hope this helps someone else or at least sparks a discussion on here to share ideas. :)

http://nomads-expedi...mestic-flights/

#2 Eyematey

Eyematey

Wolf Eel

• PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:06 AM

Good information.  Went through this last year and found getting your CC 'whitelisted' works, still a hassle. Thanks for posting.

#3 okuma

okuma

Great Hammerhead

• Industry
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:10 PM

Nica article, but why not just use a local travel agent?

Underwater Photography:
If it is so easy every one would be doing it!

Nikon D 7000, Subal Housing, Inon Z 240 strobes.

#4 Katy Laveck Foster

Katy Laveck Foster

Sea Nettle

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:00 AM

Certainly nothing wrong with using a local travel agent - that is often much less of a hassle! :) Only downside is that travel agents typically tack on a fee, so depending on time and budget, the travel websites can be useful too.

#5 S-K

S-K

Starfish

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:00 PM

Come2Indonesia are excellent, been using them for years for many flights.  Almost instant response and they will hold the tickets for you whilst you get back to them, then just send you a paypal invoice to complete.  Minimal add on fee for the lack of hassle is more than worth it.  They managed to get me from Bali to Manokwari (Cendrawasih) in one day on a last minute booking, combining 2 airlines and 4 or 5 flights (cant remember exactly).  No way I could have sorted that by myself! :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: travel, Indonesia, websites, flights, traveloka, nusatrip, plane, asia, tickets, booking