• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 thetrickster

thetrickster

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 12:39 AM

I wonder if it's the cables so much as them shifting slightly from where they're plugged into the camera? The micro/mini HDMI plugs can so easily shift out of place to the point that you lose signal.

I thought this too, so I hot glued the micro hdmi cable into the bulkhead receiver - alas it still went faulty.

Dave loops his differently to me, I have my going about the drive dial and then down - will have a look at how Dave has done his.

Regards, Richard

---

Camera Rig: Nauticam Lumix GH5, 14-42mm II, WWL-1, Atomos Inferno, ScubaLamp V6K Pro Lighting

www.richardwait.com

#22 dave@immersed

dave@immersed

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 01:38 AM

I "trained" the cable to loop that way and it seems happy enough. Its close, but doesn't interfere with any buttons or twiddly bits.

Let me know if you need more pics.

#23 combatalex

combatalex

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Former electro mechanical engineer of Amphibico, HydroFlex, Marshall Electronics. Dive And See - products developer.

Posted 17 January 2019 - 10:41 AM

Another way how to eliminate extra HDMI connection inside the housing and use Full-size HDMI connector

For Aquatica, Nauticam, Seacam and Sea&Sea

Nauticam-GH5-with-Dive-And-See-bulkhead-

Nauticam-GH5-with-Dive-And-See-bulkhead-

Custom made, low profile HDMI 90 degrees Fool size HDMI connector (Type A) pass through the 16mm threaded port of Nauticam GH5

Nauticam-GH5-with-Dive-And-See-full-size

50591992_2057380644330215_70950845476157

Edited by combatalex, 17 January 2019 - 02:48 PM.

#24 SwiftFF5

SwiftFF5

Tiger Shark

• PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Interests:Water Rescue (Public Safety Diving) - yeah, I'm a mud crawler.

Posted 18 January 2019 - 04:12 AM

That looks extremely interesting.  Is it available for purchase yet?

Canon Vixia HF-S30, L&M Bluefin Pro
Public Safety Diver

#25 combatalex

combatalex

Clownfish

• Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:Former electro mechanical engineer of Amphibico, HydroFlex, Marshall Electronics. Dive And See - products developer.

Posted 18 January 2019 - 11:57 AM

Yes, you can purchase the bulkhead connector. Please remember - the bulkhead connector compatible only with any external HDMI monitors and 4K HDMI external cables by Dive And See. Because we are using our own pinout connection system.

#26 thetrickster

thetrickster

Great White

• PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:54 AM

Yes, you can purchase the bulkhead connector. Please remember - the bulkhead connector compatible only with any external HDMI monitors and 4K HDMI external cables by Dive And See. Because we are using our own pinout connection system.

Are you able to make custom cabling to work with Nauticam Monitors? Interested...

Regards, Richard

---

Camera Rig: Nauticam Lumix GH5, 14-42mm II, WWL-1, Atomos Inferno, ScubaLamp V6K Pro Lighting

www.richardwait.com